Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be safe...and whatever you do ....do not shoot anything small!...If you do...keep it to yourself...lol..trust me!

Most importantly everyone just be safe, be quiet,and let the memories begin!

take care. kenny

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Like to - Out in Colorado doing some other stuff for a bit - Good luck guys - Blaze Orange is your buddy.

\

\

:mmmbeer

Stressless

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Came in early. No deer, but saw about 10 fat squirrels (22 mag is coming with me next time), plus a big coyote came in to about 30 yards - spooked and ran when he heard the click of my muzzleloader being cocked. Bummer, too, he had a gorgeous coat, and would have made a great addition to the game/trophy room.

Oh well, there's many more days to go, plus the doves are flying like crazy. Hmmm, squirrel and dove pot pies???

Ed

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
Yepper, had to come in early to run to P'cola. Me and Logan saw 9 deer before 0700 but none with horns:reallycrying Saw 4 doe's that would go between 90-100lbs though so hopefully they'll stick around fer the slaughter next weekend... My oldest boy was sitting across the way from us and shot at 1 but missed:banghead would've tore his shirt tail but he was wearing my shirt:banghead It was froggy as all get out but was a purty morning anyways.....hope ya'll had better luck!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I stayed at home this weekend due to the freezing rain we are going to get,(didn't want to get stranded)having a hard time getting home.plus gun comes back in next weekend....I'll be out then for sure....I did go there wed. night and hunted thur. morning in the snow that was awesome(10 degree):banghead....watched 20-30 turkeys for about 1 1/2 hrs. as they moved across the top of the ridge they seemed to be looking behind them, then here comes a very nice 8pt, 80 yrds. away....to far for the bow.... but was great seeing it. maybe next weekend....it looked like the deer a friend had missed during the first part of gun season.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
hunted this morning 530-930 in molino... i saw more rabbits than i think ive ever seen. no deer for me though. another guy with us saw one little guy and let him walk. 3 guys and only 1 deer... sure beats sitting at the house sleeping, or working on 'the list' she gave me..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Seen aplenty of does from the stand this weekend. Our party killed 5 bucks dog hunting over the weekend with one pretty decent 8 point. I can't get the picture to load for some reason or I would put it on here for y'all. I had a doe hit the side of my new GMC Sunday evening on the way to the camper and did $1,800.00 worth of damage to it. Damn hunting season is expensive.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I opened it back up to alot of fog Sat morning. Managed to See 10 doesand a couple of small bucks. Hunted again Sunday morning and saw 7 more does. Looks like this coming doe days will be a good one. Post and pics will follow.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
One of the younger boys took her to the house to salvage what they could. I didn't want anything to do with her after she tore up my truck. I just went to the camper and poured me a stiff Jack Daniels and enjoyed the fire!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts