Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Dead serious he was on a dune color or khaki tarpon 120 and a gold van stal on a blue rod
You must have been at Johnson's beach or big lagoon this morning, hate you were the one that found him but at least his family will know and they didn't just find a floating yak. Prayers to his fam and yours.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
the guy was only 29 years old and was found on the Gulf side in 1 foot of water. His name was David Hall of Pensacola. Anyone know him and if he was a PFF member? According to PNJ there were no signs of blunt trauma. I am wondering if he got tumbled in the surf and possibly broke his neck. Of course I am only speculating. He was 2 years younger than me. I feel for the family and for jmunoz for being the one who found him. What a tragedy.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
He was on the sound side prolly not even 100 yds from the kayak launch on jb

I believe it. PNJ is hardly ever accurate. They say Gulf of Mexico on Perdido Beach. I hate it for you jmunoz.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That's crazy! Was he found this morning? Was he in the tourney?
Yea it was prolly bout 10:30 this morning and I'm not shure if he was in the tourney or not but it deff threw me off for the tourney I didn't feel like doin to much fishin after that. The only thing I could come up with is that he might of had a heart attack or stroke and fell out cuz where he was is real pretected shoreline the boat wakes don't even make it up in there his line was still in the water and everything

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Yea it was prolly bout 10:30 this morning and I'm not shure if he was in the tourney or not but it deff threw me off for the tourney I didn't feel like doin to much fishin after that. The only thing I could come up with is that he might of had a heart attack or stroke and fell out cuz where he was is real pretected shoreline the boat wakes don't even make it up in there his line was still in the water and everything

But he was so damn young. It's just crazy. But I guess anybody could have a heart attack at any minute. I guess we will find out after an autopsy is done.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
But he was so damn young. It's just crazy. But I guess anybody could have a heart attack at any minute. I guess we will find out after an autopsy is done.
Yea that's what I was sayin he was young and appeared to be in good shape and he even had on his pfd and everything its crazy u never know when your time will come

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Just goes to show ya guys you never know! Hate that u hand to find him jmunoz! Just goes to show ya anything can happen at any time! Had a good time today though didn't catch a lotof fish but had a good time! It was nice to see all you guys at the weigh in!

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Speaking of the weigh in, any good reports from the tournament? I couldn't make it to the weigh in, but curious to know some results from today.

·
Registered
947 Posts
jmunoz - it was a pleasure meeting you this afternoon at the weigh-in, although I really regret the circumstances. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, that must have been very difficult and we appreciate it. We feel terrible for him and his family and it brings home that no one is guaranteed tomorrow. We do not have any more details and look forward to knowing what happened. In the meantime, our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
jmunoz - it was a pleasure meeting you this afternoon at the weigh-in, although I really regret the circumstances. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, that must have been very difficult and we appreciate it. We feel terrible for him and his family and it brings home that no one is guaranteed tomorrow. We do not have any more details and look forward to knowing what happened. In the meantime, our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
No prob man. Nice to meet everybody and I look at like this its a bad thing that I found him but it also a good thing because if I didn't happen to go over there and see him there is no tellin how long he woulda went undetected.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts