Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres is nothing I despise more than rats and mice. They’ve done thousands of dollars of damage to my vehicles and equipment. I hate them. I’ve been hunting this damn rat for the last week. It’s been in my tractor building a nest and I’ve seen it running on a couple occasions away from my barn. Yesterday while doing some dirt work., It ran out from underneath my tractor. I’ve had enough!. Last night I Baited multiple traps with bacon. Needless to say dead rat. Do you guys despise them as much as I do? Do you have something that works to keep them away?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
As much as I do not like cats, in this case you really need one. Feed him water.
let hum hunt for his food. Should alleviate your rat problem.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yep a barn cat is best bet for long term. Ive always kept one around for just that reason. After my last one went missing i picked one up off here years ago. Had her fixed so no strays hang around. I give her a little food in the morning so her belly is full and doesnt kill too many birds during the day, hunts all night

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Not for rats, but mice. 5 gallon bucket bout 20 grains of corn in the bottom. Set it next to a wooden post

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Man, that video brought back boyhood memories from the farm. I used to slip around like that with a flashlight and a .22 loaded with ratshot and give 'em a fit. We had them in the house too and would put out D-Con and those jokers would die inside the walls with no way to get 'em out. Some of you know what I'm talking about when I say you never forget that smell. When poisoned, they tried to get to water. I remember getting up and going in the bathroom one night and there was a whopper looking up at me in the toilet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts