Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Oh, I feel so much better now. I should have realized the spill would actually be good for us and improve the environment. For fish, its much better because now the water is slipperier and they don't have to expend as much energy as they swim around eating all the abundant new nutritious and yummyoil eating microorganisms.

Is the same guy that was on the national news being run off by the Coast Guard for getting too close to the work vessels?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The same moron that does a 27hr trip 105mi out ON 1 ENGINE WITH HIS KID. If that isn't child endangerment I don't know what is. Friggin IDIOT

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
sammy925 (13/05/2010)The same moron that does a 27hr trip 105mi out ON 1 ENGINE WITH HIS KID. If that isn't child endangerment I don't know what is. Friggin IDIOT
2 engines does not make you invulnerable to potential disasters. Maybe he carries a satellite phone... He also seems to be fishing around the rigs, which if I am not mistaken can all be used to relay distress calls. So, he's probably safer at 100 miles out than you would be at 30 since he is probably no more than 10 miles from a rig at any given time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
WW2,

No 2 engines does not guarantee anything. But redundancy is the key.

No to heck with that. Lets just depend on everyone else for our own safety and the safety of the charter guest. Its no big deal someone will eventually come get us. Hey wait I see some lights off in the distance, eveybody grab a flashlight and start waiving em

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moderators....sorry I just noticed the "Deep Water Horizon" posting area where I should have posted this. Feel free to move or delete it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
sammy925 (13/05/2010)WW2,

No 2 engines does not guarantee anything. But redundancy is the key.

No to heck with that. Lets just depend on everyone else for our own safety and the safety of the charter guest. Its no big deal someone will eventually come get us. Hey wait I see some lights off in the distance, eveybody grab a flashlight and start waiving em
Redundancy is certainly a must but it is also a fake safety net. You cannot make your system 100% redundant. Is it more safe? Well, not if the thing that goes wrong is not something you can make redundant. Going out on the ocean is a risky scenario under the best of conditions. That is why pretty much everyone one the water cooperates to help any one in need. It's my guess that you have no idea what safety mechanisms he may use. And yes, it is his responsibility for the safety of his customers and if they come up missing it will be a shame. But, things go wrong all the time and hopefully when they go wrong for you you will run into someone on the water that has a better attitude about it than you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sammy dont worry Obama will save you. good god, LOL,no new Christopher Columbus, or Marco Polo here. The guy feels confident in his boat and his skills and goes fishing, good for him. sammy,how does it feel , honestly, to wake up in the morning and know you are a pussy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts