Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to go fishing on Good Friday on my day off. What a wonderful day to go fishing! Got all set up and lines in the water by 8:30. Water was brown and dirty starting out the day. Wind not to much. First hit I was thinking 'alright! We got a pomp on the first hit.' Not! Not the second or the third hit either. All hardheads. Got another hit on the same rod as the cats but pulled in a pomp. Finally! Then same rod hit again but came up as a shorty. Right there at 11.5". Wind and surf picked up and so did the action. Cats stopped hitting but the pompano started hitting great. Got two more pretty quick. Then while I was checking bait I saw slack in another line. Before I could get to it my wife reeled in a hoss at 17". Got number 5 and wasn't long before same rod was going off again. This time was really a hoss at 18". Limited out by 11:30. Quickest limit in a while. While picking up to go got a nice size whiting. Beautiful day all round. Thanks JC for every Good Friday.

100_4591.jpg

100_4593.jpg

100_4600.jpg

100_4601.jpg

100_4595.jpg

100_4598.jpg

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess it paid off to go early yesterday. I couldn't go until after work so I didn't get a line in the water 'til about 4:00pm. Wind and surf had picked up and the water was really dirty. The first 4 hits were all hardheads then a few small whiting. Finally caught a pomp but it was only about 10". I ended up catching 3 small pomps along with about 15 or so hardheads and 4 small whiting.

Nothing cooler worthy, but at least I was catching and not just fishing. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts