Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started off the day searching for bait and it didn't take long to find the holy motherload of mullet. Soon after that the trout bite picked up like a bunch of meth heads finding the holy grail of rocks...needless to say it went off! Trout after trout fell to a topwater plug but they were mainly in the 16-19in range. Went looking for some of my pet goldfish, been about 4-5 weeks since I've hit this spot so I was kinda worried that they haved moved on since it has been a few cold snaps. Well moved around a bit with nothing but more trout...dang guess my worry has came true. Shortly after that the 5-10mph North winds turned into 20-25mph North winds which turned the place into a washing machine. It seemed like the bait went deep and the place went dead. And then I hear that magical sound...BOOM big swirls and mullet flying everywhere. I toss a DOA Cal into the madness and immediatly hook up after a great fight this baby comes up throw her on the board and she is litterly a hairs length away from 27" and fattttttt!! After that fish the fun continued with 3 more beautiful fish! Great day to enjoy God's country. Baits of the day, DOA cals in Arkansas glow and Figi Chicken and also the skitterwalker in black and orange. Thanks and tight lines!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts