Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty good day today, first we ran out to the #1 buoy and trolled some stretches. Within 5 minutes we had two 40 pound jacks on. Then we trolled out about another 1/2 mile and hooked up with a 20 pound king, we trolled a little more but didn't do any good. We ran to the U.S.S. Mass, no luck there so we trolled along the beach and caught a small king and a Spanish mackerel. Oh, we also caught a couple of remora...haha:D. Overall it was a good day, VERY nice weather, also saw a whole bunch of blackfin tuna chasing bait.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were definitely BFT. A friend if my dads caught a couple off pcola beach the other day. As a matter of fact we went out thinking how cool it would be to hook up with a BFT, but we didn't have the right setup for them. There have been quite a few reports of BFT being close in right now.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I know they are in close. I caught three less than two miles off the beach last weekend from my kayak. However the water was abeautiful blue and today it was ugly green. I fished from first light till one thirty and didnt see the first BFT. Lots of bonita today. Also last weekend the BFT were just skying, not really crashing bait.

Hopefully it was BFT though, they were MIA today. There was a kayak tournament and no one saw any and there was a lot of us out there today.

·
Registered
457 Posts
A good friend of who has lived and fished the waters around Pensacola his entire life told me a year ago that black fin tuna run the beaches usually starting in october. I have never seen them personally but he is a reliable source.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They were no doubt BFT. They were close enough to the boat and had enough air time to clearly tell the difference. They jumped just like a tuna also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts