Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my crew from Kentucky wanted to just have fun and put some fish in the box. We started off the day messing with the AJs. Unfortunately since they now have to be 34" finding one that size in state waters has been tough.

We then switched gears for grouper. We had several good bites that seemed grouperish in short order but the sharks ate four fish in a row so we gave up. We finished the day meat fishing and ended up with about 40 mingos, a couple dozen porgy and a handful of trigger.

Sorry but my phone died so no pics.

Today I had a crew from near Tallahassee with a couple of their friends from the UK. We started off the day breaking in her majesty's subjects who had never done anything like this before. The short jacks on light tackle really gave them an introduction! Besides the snapper bycatch we managed a 36" cobia.

We bounced around and put together a 5 man limit of nice triggers. Of course several ARS as well! Great day!

Since this report is already long I want to take a minute to tell you guys a little about my boat. On Wednesday I installed an ipilot. What's unique about my boat is that at 26' and being a cat it has good room and rides great in the chop and the safety of twin engines. Saying that, the bow is low enough for me to have an ipilot which means more time with lines in for my clients. A unique combination that you just don't see in many boats. I offer this in a price range that is more comparable to smaller bay boat charters as compared to twin engine CCs of comparable size!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,612 Posts
Those triggers are studs man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts