Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all so I'm new to the board as well as kayak fishing and wanted your opinions on getting a new reel. I picked up a 7 ft tiger stik for casting reels on sale and was gonna use it in the surf/btb for sharks and other big fish out there but still need a reel to go with it. Would like to keep it in the $50-$60 range since money is tight. What do you guys think?

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I'd look at the new Atlas lever drag reels. I have been very impressed with the 400 I've been using. Compact, lot of drag, smooth, great freespool and around 200 bucks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd look at the new Atlas lever drag reels. I have been very impressed with the 400 I've been using. Compact, lot of drag, smooth, great freespool and around 200 bucks.
Just checked it out and looks like an awesome reel. A bit out of my price range though, I'd like to stay around $60 if there's a solid reel for that price.

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I think he is asking for a casting (baitcast) reel, which is why I suggested a casting reel. I could be mistaken though.

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
What line do you have on them and what rod did you pair them with?

Thanks
Forget to add what rods:whistling:

Setup 1. ABF90, with 20lb Ande Tournament, on a 7' MH Ande jigging rod
Setup 2. ABF90, with 30lb Ande Backcountry, on a 8' XH Custom Ugly Stik
Setup 3. ABF90, with 30lb Ande Backcountry, on a 7' MH Okuma Nomad

Love these setups!!

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
I use all three for trolling offshore, and setup 2&3 for shark fishing from the surf. All three have caught some monsters;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts