Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to first Ft. Pickens beach area on left at 1pm. Cloudy, windy, 2-3 ft surf. Water was pretty brown. Used 4oz pyramid weights. Had on-sale grocery store frozen peeled shrimp chunks for bait. Visiting Marine buddy James made first cast just beyond breaking waves near rip area. Within a short while landed 14in pompano. Had another good bite but lost hookup. I moved over to fish other side of rip and soon landed a 28 in redfish. A nice battle with that one. At same time James landed 15 in whiting. Had several more bites but nothing to bring in. Decided to make our last casts and James' double drop rig launched like a rocket, broke loose and disappeared over the horizon. I baited up but was till tuckered out from red so James cast for me. As I started to tighten line I felt a distinct hookup. Nice little struggle and landed a 25 in redfish. We were done! Packed up our 3 keepers and headed home at 5pm. Wanted to try some more but it was pretty cool and we were beat. Best day of surf fishing for both of us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts