Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my feelers out and a few dealers are crunching numbers. Looks like I'm gonna go with the 115 yamaha 2 stroke, galvanized trailer, bimini and swim platform. I intend on using it for diving nearshore wrecks, cobia season, gigging and inshore fishing. Does anyone have any thoughts on this boat? I'd appreciate feedback of any kind.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
there are a lot of other boat builders out there that will and do stand behind their products. That is a sign of a sinking ship. When customer service goes down then the ship goes down with it. Buyer beware. No customer service, soon no sales, soon no more company. Look else where

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I'd like to know where he bought his boat from. I sent CS a letter in it I included the link to his post and some others from other websites citing concerns. I asked alot of questions about their product and had a good heart to heart (I felt) with thelady in customer service.

Her response;<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Good Afternoon David, <P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><U>I believe that I have already emailed you a copy of the warranty booklet. I am now officially replying to your inquiry from our site. I do have to say we go way out of our way to make our customers happy and we go way past our warranty guidelines most of the time to try and make the customer happy. The guy below we have taken care of and he is receiving a brand new hull. Usually if the problem can be fixed at the dealership it usually is. I am not sure all of the circumstances and why the dealer hasn?t been involved as he should be or whether this was the customer?s preference. I do know that we have offered and possibly have paid this customer?s fuel for the trip (by the way this wasn?t in our warranty clause). I did go to the forum that you sent the link to. I can understand where you would be concerned because after I read what this guy posted I had to go find out the WHOLE story from our warranty department. Just remember you are only hearing this guy?s side of the story. He didn?t include everything nor did he type the manufacturer?s side. Also, when a customer posts opinions like that all over the internet it doesn?t help the situation. On another hand, if there is anything I can help you with or any questions that I can answer please feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help!
Thanks and Happy Holidays!</U><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Barnacle Brain (12/12/2007)Yea, I'd like to know where he bought his boat from. I sent CS a letter in it I included the link to his post and some others from other websites citing concerns. I asked alot of questions about their product and had a good heart to heart (I felt) with thelady in customer service.

Her response;<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Good Afternoon David, <P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><U>I believe that I have already emailed you a copy of the warranty booklet. I am now officially replying to your inquiry from our site. I do have to say we go way out of our way to make our customers happy and we go way past our warranty guidelines most of the time to try and make the customer happy. The guy below we have taken care of and he is receiving a brand new hull. Usually if the problem can be fixed at the dealership it usually is. I am not sure all of the circumstances and why the dealer hasn?t been involved as he should be or whether this was the customer?s preference. I do know that we have offered and possibly have paid this customer?s fuel for the trip (by the way this wasn?t in our warranty clause). I did go to the forum that you sent the link to. I can understand where you would be concerned because after I read what this guy posted I had to go find out the WHOLE story from our warranty department. Just remember you are only hearing this guy?s side of the story. He didn?t include everything nor did he type the manufacturer?s side. Also, when a customer posts opinions like that all over the internet it doesn?t help the situation. On another hand, if there is anything I can help you with or any questions that I can answer please feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help!
Thanks and Happy Holidays!</U><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">
<P class=MsoNormal>Talk is cheap, customer service records speak for themselves.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
I used to build Sea Ray boats for about 7 years and I don't care what it is, it is only as good as the service after the sale.

·
Praedator
10,061 Posts
sosmarine (12/12/2007)Have you considered Clay Doh's Blue Wave? Gulf Breeze Marine will take care of you if needed.
Yeah, other than the gigging aspect of your possible uses, Clay'sBlue Wave is the perfect type of boat for what you want. I don't think you are going to be too happy with a skiff for the other uses such as diving etc... Get another small flounder boat if you still want to gig. It sounds like you are trying to get an all-around boat. The fact of the matter is, that the all-inclusive boat just doesn't exist. Going from one extreme of gigging to diving in the gulf is just not in one boat if you ask me. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Not to disagree with Jon (whose opinion I respect), I think the 21 DLV would be great near shore for trolling, diving etc. They are WIDE and VERY stable...you just can't go fast in the rough stuff. The first time I took my wife outside the pass in my 198DLX we were in 5' rollers (nicely spaced and rounded). we were just trolling but it did GREAT and even she didn't get nervous. Bigger V hulls weren't doing as well! We were floating up and over like a cork, they were "plowing". Of course you'll have to decide about the service issues. All I can say is that other than the harsh ride in big chop the DLX was a GREAT boat (but I'd not recommend the "local" dealer). I agree with Jon 100% there is no one perfect boat for all uses. If anyone ever builds it, it's gonna be dang $$$$$$! Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I were you.... I would do a little research on the web and read some past forum post.....they have had some problems with their hull.....not to say you will but....if I had to haul a boat to Georgia 2 or 3 times to get it fixed and it still wasn't fixed right.....and you had to do this with your money...........their warranty is not what they say it is.....I hope you get a great boat and don't have any problems.....see you on the water.....

Have a good one....

Clem

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you value your teeth and lower back, I would seriously look to a true v-hull. Sure Carolina is a stable platform but I can assure you your fishing days will be numbered around here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well now I'm torn because it seemed to me that the pro's and con's merged enough to assume that this would be a fairly versatile boat. I've been through alot of pages here and other forums, and it seems that the vast majority swear by thier boats as with anything there will be some people that regret the decision to buy and some that would never look back. Obviously most of my research has occurred on forums geared toward CS owners, not too many people there would say that they hate it.

One of the biggest turn ons for me was the high gunnels. I have two young sons and I know that they would be safer with the gunnels. Plus its really wide. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I really didn't expect as many disgruntled opinions as I've seen here.:doh I thought this was suppossed to be a lifetime kind of boat. Who here has had/ does have one? What problems have you encountered? I still am open to suggestion, this just put me back at square 1.

·
Praedator
10,061 Posts
Barnacle Brain (12/12/2007)Well now I'm torn because it seemed to me that the pro's and con's merged enough to assume that this would be a fairly versatile boat. I've been through alot of pages here and other forums, and it seems that the vast majority swear by thier boats as with anything there will be some people that regret the decision to buy and some that would never look back. Obviously most of my research has occurred on forums geared toward CS owners, not too many people there would say that they hate it.

One of the biggest turn ons for me was the high gunnels. I have two young sons and I know that they would be safer with the gunnels. Plus its really wide. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I really didn't expect as many disgruntled opinions as I've seen here.:doh I thought this was suppossed to be a lifetime kind of boat. Who here has had/ does have one? What problems have you encountered? I still am open to suggestion, this just put me back at square 1.
It's not so much that I disagree with what the boat is meant for. My opinion is that around here, the bay gets so choppy sometimesthat a normal V-bottom will handle it no problem, and that askiff is going to beat you to death. This will eventually keep you off the water if you plan on making runs to the pass etc... You said you wanted to get just outside the pass a bit and dive and that skiff may do great on glassy days, but other than that any chop is going to discourage you from going when a v-bottom would make itmore tolerable. So if the only reason you want the skiff is to be able to get into the skinny water and gig, then just get a cheap, small boat for that. You'll be much happier with something else when you are running across the bay and into the gulf with any type of chop. There are plenty of other boats with high gunwales.

Your just going to have to weigh what's more important to you.

I consider this site to be nuetral for recomendations for boat manufactuers because there is a wide variety of fisherman etc... on here. If you get some recomendations form a CS forum, most are going to praise their boat of course. So take if for what it's worth.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We still have a few 2007 boats in stock. The prices are reduced for quick clearance. We have a 21 ft Sundance powered with an Evinrude E-TEC 150 hp. We can change that to a 115hp.

wills marine of pensacola 432-2383 ask for mike, 341-9718 after hours and weekends

or email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I don't know muchabout that particular model, but I have seen some around and they look great. I do know a bunch of mullet fisherman and they all have Carolina skiffs.Some have two. These guys put their boats through HELL evry day and they holdup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts