Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I'm crazy, but when you got the urge to fish, you have to go. I'm going to head out to bob sykes tonight. I'm hoping that I come back with a few fish and all feeling in my extremities. Anybody else braving this cold?

·
Registered
684 Posts
HARD CORE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was thinking of hittin the beach for a shark. Gota check the wind if she stays north then I might be out to float a bait. If I do I'll stop by and seeya on my way out what time you going out?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not 100% on the time, gonna have dinner first. I should be out there around 7 730. It's gonna be a cold one for sure. Trying to decide between the T pier andSykes. I think Sykes will be more productive.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Go getum Konz! No different than hunting in the cold. I'm thinking about going Saturday morning myself. 22 degrees will be a little stiff on the lake but it beats sleeping in a warm bed. huh? Did I just say that?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dang it man!!! You are a brave one! I will snug as a bug in a rug!!! Warm & toasty, with a fireplace, and excellent beverages...... GOOD LUCK!!!:bowdown

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Your out of your freakin mind but good luck just the same Ray. I ain't leavin the house till June or maybe april for the cobe run.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm thinking about going in the Morning I know I'm going to Freeze my A-- off but got to fish just like you Please let me know If you have any luck!!! By the way Good Luck tonight!!!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
David Ridenour (1/3/2008)Go getum Konz! No different than hunting in the cold. I'm thinking about going Saturday morning myself. 22 degrees will be a little stiff on the lake but it beats sleeping in a warm bed. huh? Did I just say that?
Konz you are out of your mind. It must seem like a freakin blizzard down there to you guys.

David, for you this is not out of the ordinary and I bet all the money in the world you have the clothes for it. What are the Odds this oversized self has a set of compression thermals. I am guessing no. Though I must admit that going out of Fourchon in February ranked right up there with some of the coldest times I can ever remember.

Konz you are a stud.Stay warm big Daddy.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
let me put this in perspective, my perspective...i have a freezer full of snapper, grouper, gumbo, deer hams, veg beef soup, lasagna, etc...and a dock with lights, live shrimp, about 30 yds from my back door, bibs, ski, snow boarding attire, wet suits...and my azz will not be fishing tonight...

good luck to you (polar bears) guys...i'm a blue floridian and don't do well when it gets below 30...

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Below thirty! I can't take it when it gets below 65:boo

·
Registered
206 Posts
Brrrr. You won't find me out there tonight. I'm too old for that mess anymore. I remember the old 3 mile days though and I'd be out there hell or high water when I was a few years younger. Sikes isn't really worth the time these days though.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
At least on the 3 mile you could fire up the truck and fish thru the window. Damn I miss that bridge:letsdrink

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My cousin and I were the only people on bob sykes! Nobody else was on the beach side.......lol. I'd love to tell you guys that we tore them up......but man we got skunked........stayed for about 5 hours and headed out. It wasn't too bad.

Ha, no thermals......just layers of clothes.......lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts