Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't resist. I'm sure the water will be dirty. Winds won't be bad. NNE at 7 mph. Will report good or bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last night was an interesting night. First off, halfway to the launch I realized I had left my I've chest at home. Not too worried since it was cool out and you really can't dirty up a flat boat. 5 minutes before the launch I spot a big wild pig on the side of the road. After launching, I try 3 different spots in the next two hours without one fish to show for. I did have a mullet jump in the boat. I don't give up that easy. On to spot four. Finally see a fish worth gigging. I flat out missed it. I only use a one pronged gig. I never miss though. Oh well, five minutes later first fish is in the boat! All of a sudden an airboat buzzes past me and ruins the spot I'm in. The bottom is a mud floor and visibility went to zero. Oh well, I park the boat and drink a water and just stare at the stars. 30 min later I check the water clarity and its back to gigging. I took a little while, but I gigged a limit. Not the size I was looking for. Biggest did go 21 inches. I will post pics in a little while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts