Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to meet my girlfriends mom in vennice FL for the first time and have no idea how to fish the place as Iv never even seen it. I cant pass up the chance at new water so any advice is welcome. Without giving up any secrets....what should I bring, where should I be looking to fish and what should I be fishing for? Other then this Il be bringing everything, finding the water, and improvising :hotsun

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Send a PM to buckethead. I believe he has fished there quite a bit and should be able to give you some good advice.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think you should be fishing for a good start with her Mom!!

Leave the fishing for the next trip and spend this one focused on your girl friend and your girl friends Mom. You might want to marry this girl one day.

Fishing is great but a great wife is forever ( or should be). and her mothers endorsement can make your life way mo betta.

Just my .02

Matt

·
Registered
178 Posts
Take your lady to a place called Snook Haven for a couple of cold beers one afternoon. You should be able to get some good advice there. They also have a launch, so you'll already have that going for you too. Live bait is key down there, so make sure you have a cast net.

Fish, brother, fish.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
camuchi (12/18/2009)I think you should be fishing for a good start with her Mom!!

Leave the fishing for the next trip and spend this one focused on your girl friend and your girl friends Mom. You might want to marry this girl one day.

Fishing is great but a great wife is forever ( or should be). and her mothers endorsement can make your life way mo betta.

Just my .02

Matt
My thoughts exactly when I read the post...although there might be something missing...like his girlfriend/mother told him that he might want to fish while down there. Her mother might like to fish but no one will take her. If he does that will be one hell of an endorsement weather marriage is, or is not inthe equation.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
A little further South is the North side of the Charlottee Harbor or Punta gorde area. There is some great back country fishing there. There is an area called Bull Bay that produces some nice reds and snook (out of season, but fun to catch)

Live bait and cut bait also help in those areas according to a friend of mine that lives close.

good luck,

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Also, fishinthebox or fishboxfull is from there.

Also W has his own fourm and I think he is from there also.

Might want to PM them.

Just so the post this was Vennice FL.. Disregard this post

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
live bait is key eh? Il remember that. I didnt mean to make it sound like i wasnt taking this meeting seriously its already been worked out....but they want a little mother daughter time too going out to lunch or somthing like that....probly to talk about me :baby so il take that afternoon to poke around and explore....

ps...its been two years now and I think this ones got me hooked....so il skip the fishing if it needs skipping but that doesnt mean I wont think about it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts