Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
jaw-jacker69 (12/3/2007)We made it out to the edge on Sat. Very bumpy, but atleast it did warm up. We ended up with many legal size red snaps, which were tossed along with several undersized, by 2", ambos.. The keepers we boxed on icewas 1:grouper 30" grouper, 2: 4 - 5# black snaps, 1: lane snap (biggest I ever seen), triggerfish (1: was a trashcan lid) and a bunch of mingos (average sz, no balloons). Water was clear green and still warm approx;74 ish. All fish were caught on small pins except mingos and triggers. Pics were taken, but I have yet to receive them. Yes it was rough, but to me, worth it. Had to get the fishing urge out of my system, if you know what I mean.:doh
Good job- You probably had the catch of the day. Our team might be done for the year- but I hope not. We'll probably stay inshore for flounder and reds. Maybe grouper in bay?

Nice report.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Jaw-jacker69 I tip my hat to you. That is pretty impressive battling that slop all the way to the edge. I am curious about what size boat and power you have. Did you fish into the afternoon when it eased up a little?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was heading to the edge in my 19' Polar, but did not make it. Too rough. Stopped about 9 miles from the pass and caught 1 large flounder. My neighbor then started throwing up, so we called it a day. Pretty nasty out there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
wrightackle (12/3/2007)Jaw-jacker69 I tip my hat to you. That is pretty impressive battling that slop all the way to the edge. I am curious about what size boat and power you have. Did you fish into the afternoon when it eased up a little?
I was fishing on on the Strikezone1. 223 Mako w/225. Handled the waves fine. Ran in the trough, once I hit the freighter, to the Avocet at 21 mph. Then to the edge. We fished from 7:00 am till 3:00 pmComing back in from the S.E., we cruised at 28 to 30 mph. Yes, we did hit some that seemed to have no bottom and usually she rides dry. Not Sat. Cross wind made for a wet ride going out. :reallycrying It was a case of, "If the boat could handle it." But, "If the crew could. Rock and a roll'n. We did loose some moster fish, but that is part of the game. :banghead:banghead

·
Registered
313 Posts
bigfishrookie (12/3/2007)
jaw-jacker69 (12/3/2007)We made it out to the edge on Sat. Very bumpy, but atleast it did warm up. We ended up with many legal size red snaps, which were tossed along with several undersized, by 2", ambos.. The keepers we boxed on icewas 1:grouper 30" grouper, 2: 4 - 5# black snaps, 1: lane snap (biggest I ever seen), triggerfish (1: was a trashcan lid) and a bunch of mingos (average sz, no balloons). Water was clear green and still warm approx;74 ish. All fish were caught on small pins except mingos and triggers. Pics were taken, but I have yet to receive them. Yes it was rough, but to me, worth it. Had to get the fishing urge out of my system, if you know what I mean.:doh

Good job- You probably had the catch of the day. Our team might be done for the year- but I hope not. We'll probably stay inshore for flounder and reds. Maybe grouper in bay?

Nice report.

Might be done for the year????

Nick

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
reefdonkey (12/4/2007)
bigfishrookie (12/3/2007)

Nice report.
Might be done for the year????

Nick
As far as deep water- yep- probably done for the year. Schedule is limited. Probablywill look for bay grouper.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts