Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Deadeye here, I'm about to go to the Texaco to get 1dz L.S. I am going to get back here, put my waders on, and wade Black Point. If I knew I was going fishing this morning I would have caught f. mullet, pins, crockers, etc. but L.S. will do the trick, 5:07, got to run, later.

Deadeye

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't catch a dam thing, but it was still awesome to be out there. I didn't see much activity and the grassbeds haven't started to thicken yet, still early. I covered a large area, targeting the deep holes I know out there, for reds primarly, but expected to perhaps hit a speck also. My waders worked fine, again, only my 3rd time using them. I am impressed with them. I hope you all had a more productive outing.

Deadeye

·
Registered
170 Posts
i also went out today. i didnt do good either. I fished bayou texar in the kayak for two hours. We through gulp, spoons, and mirror lures and picked up nothing. There is a full moon tonight, maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
overall123 (2/8/2009)i also went out today. i didnt do good either. I fished bayou texar in the kayak for two hours. We through gulp, spoons, and mirror lures and picked up nothing. There is a full moon tonight, maybe that has something to do with it.
Yeah, the full moon has everything to do with it. I have found that on a full moon it is better at night, rather then during the day hours. The fish feed all night and do not eat during the day.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The bite has been extremely strong today! Tommorow is the best for the month! I wore out the specks in perdido bay! Yes the fish feed at night but they also feed during the day... You are fishing the wrong areas! You need to fishing basins and riverswith deep holes!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LATERALINE (2/8/2009)The bite has been extremely strong today! Tommorow is the best for the month! I wore out the specks in perdido bay! Yes the fish feed at night but they also feed during the day... You are fishing the wrong areas! You need to fishing basins and riverswith deep holes!
I know the curriculim, trust me, but without two tools I need, a trailer or truck for my boat, I am limited to where I can fish right now. I never wade the flats this time of year, not until March, but I had to re-test my waders and do a little scouting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts