Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cooking yesterday I was thinking about a better way to mount my Go Pro to my telescopically pool skimmer. The pole that Go Pro makes is just not long enough. I remember when I was fishing in Venice back in August how I wish I could get more depth from a pole. The video I do have of all the fish hanging around the rigs is mind boggling. Anyways, I'm need to adjust some length of some screws and make some finally adjustments, but you get the idea. Total length from end to end is 8' 2". I did mount the Go Pro two different ways. Also, I was thinking that I could put some type of floatation device on the pole for those special times one lets go of the pole. If you have any other ideas please let me know. Good day.
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

Attachments

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good to me. I just did not have a paint pole hanging around.
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Shurhold makes a camera adaptor too, although their extending handles only go up to 9' from what I've seen- it will fit some other poles.

....and will a safety lanyard or wrist strap work better and be less bulky than a float big enough to keep the pole and camera up?

We had the same idea and came up with this a coupe years ago- we actually stole the adaptor off of another pole offered by a different company, but the pole was far too short...

-still working well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Short sections of pool noodle are already hollowed to perfect size, cut and test as needed, two zip ties locks it on and they in come very bright colors.

Reactions: Salt4Lifer

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
I thought he was talking about sealing the "inner" piece. I don't think that would be enough buoyancy to float the whole thing though. I like the "noodle" idea though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Boomyak, very light weight. I like it.
Whyme
Mako My Dayo
It's what a lot of the kayak guys use on various items (paddles, gaffs, even rods) instead of leashes. It's also really cheap and comes in multiple diameters, so you probably could go with one of the thinner versions so it's not bulky and still maintain buoyancy.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the other mount I did on the same stick. This way the operator can stick the Stick in the water straight down and get that 90 degree angle camera shot. Got to get a shorter length screw.
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
floatation

Would the go pro floatation that Go pro sells not float the camera and the pole? It attaches directly onto the camera.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,078 Posts
Don't think you'd be happy fighting the flotation material on the business end of the stick trying to film.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts