Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you go-pro users, what is your favorite way to mount your camera?
Any additional tips would be appreciated.
My kids gave me one for Christmas since I rarely bring home fish, they want proof that I do catch something occasionally.
Thanks!

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Search back through some older posts and I think there is something in there from Brandon Barton about making an extension mount out of an inexpensive Walmart camera mono-pod. That's what I would use.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I shove a monopod down my rod holder. It works for my uses although it isn't as versatile as I necessarily would like it to be.

Here's Brandon's video. I plan on making this eventually when I get my Outback fully decked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7OVHtWeaQA

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,072 Posts
Don't know if your yak has 1" tubing anywhere but I found this plastic quick release clamp on line. It is meant for lights and speakers. I went overboard and added a tripod swivel head to it.
Believe they come in different clamp sizes, look under DJ lighting or quick release scaffolding clamps.

·
Registered
361 Posts
+1 on the Targus monopod. You can pick it up from Walmart for like 20-30 bucks and it's sturdy. I just put mine in the left rod holder on my milkcrate and it gives a good over-the-shoulder view.

·
RTR!
52 Posts
Targus Monopod Conversion

In reference to the Brandon Barton pole conversion, here's a link to the website that has an available PDF download of the instructions.
www.palmettokayakfishing.com
Go to the "Downloads" tab and the conversion instructions are right at your fingertips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts