Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like them on the end of my pole when I'm night fishing but have thought about using them close to my bait. Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
If your talking about catfishing, don't waste your time. If your talking about deepdropping, thats the only way to go.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I like them on the end of my pole when I'm night fishing but have thought about using them close to my bait. Your thoughts?
If your talking about catfishing, don't waste your time. If your talking about deepdropping, thats the only way to go.
Wait a minute. I got it about night fishing & on the end of a pole that's sitting so you can see a bump or a hookup.....but close to your bait? Why? Do fish have problems finding the bait at night? I thought they could smell it or feel the vibrations. Someone help me out here! I may be missing a whole new thing to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but squid glow or flouresce or however you spell it.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
I bought about 100 mini glow sticks off the intranet. They fit perfect in the hole of my corks and with a rubber band fit nicely on my rod tip and are not so bright they blind me. and they were cheap.

·
153 large fishes
1,882 Posts
It seems like that lights attract bait fish more than large fish...but it's worth experimenting...

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I know they use LED lights for deep dropping and for fishing for swords at night.

I too bought a bunch of tiny glow sticks to use on rod tips at night, but have not used them. I thought about using them for dropping on reefs too. But I do not fish ddeeper than about 80ft and never at night. We tried night one time and caught NOTHING!

I might try them on some surf rods at night this year. Rod tips and bait.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I have a little confession to make. I didn't want to say it earlier for fear the masses would think I was looney. I actually DID try one on the end of my line the other night. The result was a 38 inch redfish ( see Bob Sykes bridge report). I did also have one small sailcat that hit me as I was reeling in an empty hook. So to answer my own question, I'm going to say there may be some truth to this. Oh, and I did buy mine off of Amazon as well. Beats the shit out of Wally-world's buck-a-pop prices. Last thing, if anyone is worried how long they last, I have one in my tackle box that is still glowing from the other night, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts