Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
BFY, I bought an small LED spotlight to try on a project. It's not going to work for what I intended it for. It's yours if you want it. I run my FF on a gel cell battery. I hooked the light to the battery to see how long it would last. After 10 hours I gave up and it was still going strong. The good: It's a great price, the bad: without the remote, it cycles through white, red, blue and green. but, I have the remote too. I'll try to attach a pic of the light and a pic in my garage of my yak w/ the light inside.
Yeah man I will give it a shot. How much do you want for it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Jackson has a glow color in their lineup. I believe it needs to be light "charged" and it will last a couple hours. Great for afternoon/evening trips.

·
Registered
318 Posts
if you really wanna pucker someone's asshole, get a pistol flare kit and let one rip if you think your life is in danger. Just be prepared to deal with a real angry boater if they saw you and had a differing opinion of how close is too close

·
Registered
386 Posts
That red glow with the eye decals is a nice look.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Mine has Firefly on it the rest has wore off. It is not water activated and I slip in in a 1 1/2 in piece of pvc about 3 foot long and stick in a rod holder right behind me.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have a Mango colored T140 that long ago I put LED Rope lights in.
I ran them inside the hull up on the gunnels completely around the perimeter of boat.
Ask any one who has seen it & they’ll tell you it glows like a Halloween pumpkin.
There is also a bright 360 degree light on a 36” rod on the stern of the Yak.
At night, I also carry a very high candle power lantern & a 12 gage flare pistol. Both are bungeed in at my fingertips.
Any boater who cannot see me on the water has their head up their a$$, is an incompetent twit, & should never be at the helm of any vessel.

When I hear a boat approaching, I always assume the approaching helmsman is 1) Blind, 2) Drunk, 3) Too busy lying to his/her fishing buddies to see me, or 4) Really is out to see how many kayakers/paddle boarders he/she can run over.
With this in mind, I always try to run for cover if any is available close by.

I personally believe it to be far more in my better interest to be somewhat safe behind some pilings hurling a long string of well earned epithets at some Delta Hotel than trying to hang on to my overturned yak with one hand & blazing away at said Delta Hotel with my .40 S&W Sig.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts