Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wirelessly posted

I am in the process of getting my concealed carry permit and am considering the purchase of a Glock 43.

Does any one have any insight about this weapon?
Thanks. ~JOE~

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nice gun. Cant go wrong with a Glock. Currently on sale at Field and Stream for 449$

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I don't have any first hand knowledge of a 43 but Glock makes a fine gun. A gun you should look at before you make your decision is a S&W Shield. I own one and so do a couple of friends and everybody seems to really like them. I got mine on sale a month or so back from Kentucky Gun Co for $329 with free shipping. It has similar dimensions to the 43. I know you did not ask about others but I figure I would give my $.02

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
G43 is a great shooting gun for its size. But unless you have small hands, the G26 will probably fit your grip better.

The size difference between the 43 and the 26 is small, and the 26 has more capacity.
I REALLY wanted the 43 until I got to compare it to the 26 side-by-side.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have the 43. I like it. Its light and fits into my shorts front pocket well. I also like the way it shoots. You get 4 more rounds with the 26 but it is a little wider because the magazine is double stacked and a little heavier. Try them both out. See which one you like. Also in my opinion, there are so many accessories and holsters etc for Glocks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for all the replies. I will check out the Glock and some others as well. My son is a police officer and recommended the Glock. He said that it is his next purchase.
~JOE~

·
Bearded Brotula
11,812 Posts
Like said, try them out. I know a lot of folks that can't stand the way a Glock feels. I like them. I prefer my 23 to any of them. Small enough, but not too small.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for all the replies. I will check out the Glock and some others as well. My son is a police officer and recommended the Glock. He said that it is his next purchase.
~JOE~
Well if he is paying then I say go for it!:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wirelessly posted

The Shield was also one that was recommended by my son. Thanks.
~JOE~

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just sold the Shield, had nothing but problems with it and S&W folks just kept telling me to shoot more and they will go away. Glock 43 is a great little gun, easy as EDC for sure. Spare mag and you are good to go. The 26 is a great pistol, but with that frame size you also can get the 27 and a conversion barrel and shoot both 9mm and 40 S&W. Choices choices choices. Read the S&W Forum on Shield issues, especially the ones re: not going to battery when you release the slide. I love the S&W compacts, actually feels better to shoot than the Glock 27, but the frame size can be a bit large for EDC depending on how you dress

·
Registered
765 Posts
The 43 is a nice carry piece especially when its hot out and uncomfortable to wear bulky clothes to aid in concealment of larger/wider pistols.

If you consider a 26/27 you might as well pick up a 19. A 26/27 with an pinky extension (only comfortable way to shoot one) is just about the same size as a 19, the major difference being in the barrel length, which is negligible and for most will be in the pants anyway.

·
Apex
1,382 Posts
Glock 23 is the perfect conceal weapon imo.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread..but i am about to post my G43...im in law enforcement, i love the gun as a concealed carry and im simply selling it to pay a unexpected bill. It only has 6 rounds through it. It will come with an inside the pants paddle holster 2 full magazines of 124 grain hollow point golden sabers and a box of American Eagle ball ammo. $500 firm for all
PM me if you are interested. Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have a G36 and like it a lot. If you are in the Bay county area you are welcome to come by the house and put a couple rounds down range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts