Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, five weeks after I went to yankee land, the 38' Topaz Flybridge deal is complete. Owner dragged out replacing windshield, refrigerator, etc. All the while, the bank was saying they were ready, then 2 weeks ago when she was ready to go, the bank had done ZERO. Had to wait and wait and wait-BAMM today the deal got done. FINALLY

She heads out at first light and should be here in 7 to 10 days. Can't wait as I have a ton of upgrades and customizing to do before spring. Still need to move the orange boat and I'm open to reasonable offers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congratulations and glad the ordeal is finally about over.

Just a question, if you don't mind, how is it getting down and what is the cost to move a boat that distance?

Who did you contact on making the arrangements to move it?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Congrats Tom, hate to see problem child go, but that Topaz is one comfortable boat. Cant wait to the new one.:bowdown

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy who did the survey (Johnson Marine Services, LLC) has delivered over 300 boats to Florida from the Northeast. He is a captain and has another captain working for him (his dad). They are certified surveyors and mechanics also. So, when the guy who did the survey and knows every little thing the boat may need (hoses, belts, impellors, etc.) offered to deliver it for 3k plus fuel and plane ticket home I couldn't refuse.

Funny you asked about painting her orange. It crossed my mind once but I got a list a mile long of stuff I want to do toand painting her orange aint on it.The orange boat has been a classic and I'll miss her when she goes but it is time to move on and up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I understand. Sounds like a cool boat your getting. I gotan everglades last spring. If I hadn't, I'd probbe interested in your boat. I'll keep my ears open.....its a sailfish isnt' it? I've seen you before out at the rigs......nice boat.....and you certainly can't miss it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts