Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall my name is miles howell i am a pensacola native of 20 years, i have been on and off this forum for three years under different names. Anyway me and my wife laurie live in homestead, fl. now and i am a air traffic controller at Miami International Airport. We went fishing tuesday morning down in key largo at my trout hole and she caught this beauty! This fish was 28" inches long and very fat. I caught a 8 pounder 5 years ago in pcola and this fish was much bigger!We let it go to go make babies. Anyway yall enjoy the pics.:letsdrink:mmmbeer

Attachments

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
Nice fish. I would like to be there. I caught a 30"er off Navarre a few years back, and that was the biggest I've caught up here in the panhandle. Iused to catch trout like that all the time in Brevard county where I came from. Indian River, Banana River and Mosquito Lagoon.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Congrats to your wife! I bet she had fun with that one!!:clap:clap

I haven't caught one that big since I was stationed in LooozeAna in the 70's.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the nice replies!

The fish was caught on light tackle 10lb ande mono to be exact. She did a fine job handling that big fish witha soft mouth. It was caught on a 3" berkley gulp new penny shrimp under a cajun thunder poppin' cork.

Shane, the job is the coolest thing in the world man its never the same and fast paced and fun. Its almost as fun as being a deckhand! Take it easy man and you and mattleave some flounder for the rest of us:toast

Bob,

wassup man hows them flounder? I'm ready for yall to come grab some more lobster with us!

Thanks,

Miles H.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Good lookin wife that reels in gator trout. ( and you love your job) Lucky man. Nice fish.

·
Registered
749 Posts
that's man is a beautiful trout i knew all those fish'n lesson i gave ya would pay off!!!

can't wait to come down there and grab some tarpons!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts