Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
the large boxy one is a Webster's Mole Crab... not a Male as is the common wive's tale

the other is a female Puerto Rican Mole Crab... the male of this species is actually very tiny and can sometimes be found clinging to a female if examined closely.

I have not had any luck using the Webster's for bait.. as they come off the hook quite easily.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Rick Shaw (28/05/2010)the large boxy one is a Webster's Mole Crab... not a Male as is the common wive's tale

the other is a female Puerto Rican Mole Crab... the male of this species is actually very tiny and can sometimes be found clinging to a female if examined closely.

I have not had any luck using the Webster's for bait.. as they come off the hook quite easily.
WOW!!!

GREAT INFO! How did you know that little bit of information?:bowdown:bowdown:toast:toast

Jim

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I've always known those to be the male Sandflea and the normally seen ones are the females.

I laugh at the grandchildren when they help catch them and are afraid to put those guys in their pockets until we are back at the Sandflea bucket.

They sure won't stop pinching for sure! lol!

Hope you get into them your next trip out!

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts