Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After visiting with Mark at SAM's and running into Chrisv on the beach one morning, I'm finally starting to catch some decent game fish. I've never had a problem catching blues and ladyfish but it's much more fun to target a species and come away successful. Big shout out to those guys for sharing their knowledge. I really do appreciate it. First cast was a 17 inch trout. Caught plenty of ladyfish between and ended up with a few more smaller specks. Switched from the unfair lure to the swim bait after the sun was up and first cast got a short flounder. Ended up landing 4 trout and 5 flounder today. All fish were released except one trout who swallowed the treble. Couldn't find a red to complete the slam, so I guess I'll have to go again in the morning

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
End up with any salt water cats? That's all I've been catching lately LOL Caught a HUGE lady fish yesterday in my kayak. I didn't know it was a lady until she spun me around 3 times, I readjusted the drag, gave her some line then she finally surfaced- She pulled like a Red... I was a little bummed...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome to hear. I am knocking the heck of the ladyfish at Perdido Key! Got a short flounder right after sunrise, it self-released right as I reached for it. Tons of jellyfish in the water.

We went out on a charter yesterday and limited out on red snapper, kings. Got a few almaco jacks and my friend caught a 50+ lb amberjack. Had a great time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it a lot. Went and picked up another color to try out yesterday and caught a 24 inch trout this morning on it. I've thrown catch 2000s and mr17s and I like this unfair better than both of those because of the action. I definately recommend it. I'd like to try it at night under dock lights soon too

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hating Saltwater Catfish!

The last 2 weeks I have gone out - nothing but catfish. I have been using live shrimp. The sand is so compact it is hard to rake for sand fleas and out of the past two weeks I have dug up a total of 4 sandfleas.
This has been out at Fort Pickens. So as far as fishing with live shrimp at night with the incoming tide and the fishing has been horrendous.
What is funny though is my brother has caught every single fish and it has been a catfish. I am sitting 20 yards over and not catching a thing! Go figure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Which Unfair Were You Throwing At Em?

Hey WDE,
Just read your post and was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing which Unfair Lure you were tossing at them. Obviously there are several colors and at that retail price a guy can't afford to fill his tackle box with them all.
Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rip And SLash

Thanks guys, looked for them yesterday up here in Chattanooga at Sportsman's Warehouse over lunch but no luck. Will pick a few up when I hit the blue water and sand.
Appreciate it.
Frank

1 - 18 of 18 Posts