Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Land-Locked
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, looking for some suggestions as to where we can fish and actually catch something in pensacola... Hell I'd be happy to put us on a bunch of gafftops. Don't have a boat so it needs to be accessible by foot.

So far we've fished the sea wall at the base of 3MB pier, sea wall on the other side of 3mb, Graffiti bridge, Big Lagoon St. Park, Bob Sikes and Ft. Pickens (inside the pass, but not on the pier). Fishing from 2pm until 8 or 9pm. Fishing with 1/0 or 2/0 circle hooks, 20lb flouro leader, 15lb test. Sometimes on a popping cork, sometimes carolina rig, sometimes pompano rig. Live shrimp, dead shrimp, pin fish, live mullet, mullet chunks, live menhaden, crabs, bull minnows, sand fleas etc. The only thing we've caught was one 12" red, and a 10" mingo, and a handful of croaker on octopus. (lots of Pinfish and Pigfish too :rolleyes:)

Whenever I fish alone in GS/OB/WB/DI I never do this bad. I wish I could bring them all to fish in Alabama, but alas I can not.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
You can catch trout all night long on 3mb pier. Big reds usually run through there between midnight and 3am.

·
Senior Yakker
2,774 Posts
Well, as a licensed fishician, I'd have to say you're just not holding yer lip right. Sounds like everything else is in order. Just gotta put your time in. If I just wanted to catch anything, I'm with Breeze, 3mi at night. I like an outgoing tide, to fish the shadow line of the main bridge.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Getting Skunked

I wouldn't know because I never get 'skunked'. I always catch fish. :whistling: C2

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It is easy to always catch fish. Every time I go to Joe Patti's, I make throw me the bagged fish. If you drop it, then make them throw it to you until you catch it yourself !

Seriously, besides the nite fishing the bridges, try wade fishing the grass flats around the Naval Oaks area. Even better get a couple of buddys together and charter a trip with one of the local guides that specializes in fishing around the sound. I learned a lot that way by fishing with Capt. Wes Rozier over the last couple of years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Florida Town Road in Pace: Wade Fishing

Here's what I have been doing until a week ago--when my boat rehab was finally complete:
Go up to Pace just east of Chet's off HWY 90--turn right on Floridatown road. Take this road all the way until it ends at the boat ramp. Wade out straight from the boat ramp until you are either 25-50 yards past the pilings sticking out of the water or out as far as where all of the mullet and trout are stirring the water (about 100 yds from ramp in 3-4 ft of water). Using either live shrimp or gulp shrimp on a popping rig--you should be able to catch some trout and reds. This has been a no-brainer goto spot for me and my son for the last several weeks. The water up there is still around 70 F (warm enough to wade). You will catch fish if you do this--especially if you can hit it at first light thru 10 am and 4pm-6pm.
enjoy

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Catching Fish

I was kidding and you know it. I do get 'skunked' sometimes; but you won't hear about it! I'll have to remember the 'Joe Patti' trick. :thumbup:

I make and fish with jigs in various ways. Don't get me started talking about jig fishing. Bring your popcorn!

I fish the beach , piers and the flats in the Bay. All with various jig configurations.

BTW; I don't 'spot burn'. Thanks for asking!

Have a nice day! C2

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I was kidding and you know it. I do get 'skunked' sometimes; but you won't hear about it! I'll have to remember the 'Joe Patti' trick. :thumbup:

I make and fish with jigs in various ways. Don't get me started talking about jig fishing. Bring your popcorn!

I fish the beach , piers and the flats in the Bay. All with various jig configurations.

BTW; I don't 'spot burn'. Thanks for asking!

Have a nice day! C2
I wouldnt mind hooking up with ya some time at one of the piers and seeing how to jig fish... Hear bout it alot, and try what I consider jig fishing, but never catch anything....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts