Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do you put the high dollar tactical slings, lights and parts your AR? May be a dumb question but what use do you have for a 3pt or wolf hook sling in the civilian world? look cool and spend money on stuff? a surefire light?? are you gonna be clearing rooms? i can see them if used in a hunting application when tracking at night. Last is why put all the tactical rails and garbage on them? does it make them shoot better or is it more of a pecker measurer at the range for who dumped the money money into a supped up .22?

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,610 Posts
Hmm, maybe you were never in the Military? You have to plan ahead. What'cha gonna do say after a major power outage (hurricane, ??), and you have loiters coming in your house, with nothing on their mind but rape and killing? No power, generator don't work or out of fuel, how ya gonna see what you're shooting, a bad guy or your family? w/o that surefire light and laser dot, you won't know? Properly sighted, that laser dot will mark exactly where that round will hit. So if a zombie is holding a family member hostage, you can dot his eyeball w/o fear of hitting your family member.
Those "tactical rails" enable you to add/adjust for these lights, laser pointers and certain scopes. So yes, this stuff not only looks cool, but it does the job it was intended for, if and when that threat emerges.
Those 3-way slings, enable you to multitask w/o limiting the use of your hands, also aides in the fast acquisition of a target, and can keep the zombie from taking the weapon away from you, b/c it is strapped to you.
Just my .02 cents, and justification of spending my money. hehehehe

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
why do you put the high dollar tactical slings, lights and parts your AR? May be a dumb question but what use do you have for a 3pt or wolf hook sling in the civilian world? look cool and spend money on stuff? a surefire light?? are you gonna be clearing rooms? i can see them if used in a hunting application when tracking at night. Last is why put all the tactical rails and garbage on them? does it make them shoot better or is it more of a pecker measurer at the range for who dumped the money money into a supped up .22?
Your right,I just spend my money buying ammo to feed the beast!(Slide fire with KCI 100 round drum!!)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Zombies

Golems is a term Jeff Cooper used ,now the term is zombies. The persons who live by taking life and properties away not to disagree . Maxfold

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
In my business we use them daily, but I've had to hold a door for about an hour before on a house, all that extra stuff gets heavy, even with a short barreled gun... If I didn't use it it would be bone stock... I laugh at the gun ******* with all their stuff on their rails...

·
Registered
881 Posts
I like the surefire light an eotech sight on my ar-15 and the surefire light on my ar-10 nice for walking in the woods at night or before sun up.

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Just out of curosity...why do you give a shit? I don't care what they do. Same for lowridin' minitrucks and cars, 24 inch rims on a Hummer, tattos, overtanning, oversized big trucks with mudders that will never see mud, hell....the list can go on and on. Is it realllllllly nessicary to call everyone out? Me personally? If it gets to the point I have to defend my house from zombies, gollums, raging asshole rioters, death squads, mutant turtles or any of that stuff...I don't particularly think my little piece of real estate is gonna sell nor do I care to live in it. I am pretty sure my worn out old 870 will cover the need for "home defence". I won't be building walls, digging tunnels, setting traps or any of that. Nor will I be stocking up on MRE's, radioactive food, candles or anti-aircraft guns.

It's the internet guys. Who gives two farts in a whirlwind what kind of AK-16 M 240 grenade squatter you got? Some people obviously like that shit, I just laugh, not ridicule.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I actually think that just about every gun should have a light on it. I don't care if you are in the military, civilian, woods, beach, trunk, it really doesn't change the fact that you need to be able to see your target. I'm pretty sure that is just one of our 5 commandments..."Be sure of your target and backdrop."

I don't shoot at sounds or shadows...I engage targets that can be identified. As for all of the rails....I use a scope and a bi-pod. That is just because I got sick of using the Cauldwell shooter's rest. I like the rest...but the bi-pod cleans up easier, and fits in the case with the gun.

As for the rest of the expensive gear...dude, it is their money...whatever makes them happy. When you buy all of that crap, you need to understand that the gun is worth less than what you paid for it though...it is hard to find someone looking to buy a gun with the exact configuration that you have constructed...so most people take a hit on that stuff if they are forced to sell it.

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
you're right , dumb question

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why do you care? It can be a hobby, or people can be smart and be prepared for logical reasons. During the tornadoes of April 27 there were looters every where around my house. And they didn't just loot during the day. There are hundreds of reasons to have that. It's also our right.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Why do you care? It can be a hobby, or people can be smart and be prepared for logical reasons. During the tornadoes of April 27 there were looters every where around my house. And they didn't just loot during the day. There are hundreds of reasons to have that. It's also our right.
Pretty much this. Everyone wants to have the best baseball cards on the block. To each his own, even if they are wrong or ugly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's also our right.
Best reason right there...gotta love that freedom thing.

Keep in mind...while you are asking the question about why people need all of the TAC gear...there are people out there asking why we need guns at all.

Why bother making guns in SS, blued, keracote, etc....because we like to have something that is special and unique to us. Do we go overboard...only if we don't have a wife or girlfriend to match our purchases with shopping sprees of their own.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Where I live most things seem to happen at night, 911 will put you on hold as they have , on several times that I need to call, and by the time you get through answering all of the question that they ask it is all over. so I want my light and laser. And that's in good times, When the power is out and no gas thay same to come at night to get what I have as have happen in the past, when this happens to you one time you want have to be asking why, you will be having your own light and laser. Just my 100 per. cent jj

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.