Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals:

The weather outlook has improved and tournament day should be awesome. Bryan and I packed up lots of nice door prizes yesterday, so we will be giving generously again this year thanks to our many supporters.

Our new sponsors are raising the bar for angler prizes as well. Bull Bay rods, Wheeleeze, Pensacola Kayak and Sail, just to name a few nice new angler prizes.

I'm sure you all have noticed the new "Biggest Pelagic" category we have added. This should add some adventure to those who want to hunt Cobia.

Of course we could never do this tournament without the annual support from our local Hobie dealer, Key Sailing who provides several Hobie mirage drive kayaks and Academy Sports and Outdoor who also increased their support. (I even heard that Jay and Bryan picked up some Trevala rods to give away) If you haven't been to the new store, check it out.

As you plan for the big day, don't forget:

• Last volunteer meeting is Wednesday 5:30 at IMS, 4400 Bayou Blvd Ste 4
  • Bring a new lure to the Capt meeting on Friday to enter best dang tackle box drawing
  • Bring a few extra bucks to enter the reverse raffle for a Hobie Pro Angler. Tix are $10
We will see you there.

Ted

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Weather looks great for the inshore guys. Surf forecast looks terrible so far for us offshore folks. We will keep our fingers and toes crossed that five days straight of ten to twenty mile an hour SE winds magically lays down and the surf calms down come tourney day.

·
RTR!
52 Posts
GCKFA-Best Dang Tackle Box

The BDTB bucket is presently at Hot Spots if you want to drop in your lure and fill out your ticket with contact info. Remember only new lures, no Captain's Bags lures and Chris will offer a discount for lures you purchase in store that are being dropped into the BDTB bucket. And yes, Gulp is a lure. Enter early, enter often!!

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
Better prizes? Whaaaaat? I've always been quite impressed with ALL the prizes. My favorite one of all was a stick-it anchor I got for a third place trout a few years back. That thing is awesome. I use it for everything...anchor, polling, gigging, depthfinder, alligator beater, shark protection, theft deterrent, kung fu....ok, maybe not all that, but it is awesome! It's my favorite accessory. Thanks GCKFA!

·
Registered
358 Posts
im watching the weather sites on a regular basis (long distance), and it looks like the offshore weather is looking about as good as you could hope for. i know you guys are right there, and watching the weather too, so i might be way off, but i think i like what i'm seeing.

cheers
drew

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The offshore division could get very interesting. 18 cobia off of PEnsacola pier today, and a 41 lb king in navarre. Wow.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
With the state of my inshore spots, I'm strongly considering going offshore. The smoker run is about to cut loose and I'd really like to get in on some of that action. Here it comes fellas, that 41 pounder was leading the pack.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
jasoncooperpcola said:
We got inshore people pushing everybody offshore and the offshore people are pushing everybody to go inshore!!!!
Lmao...I ain't pushin nothin. I'm freakin stumped lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/pensacola-florida

SATURDAY - 13 April 2013: 1-3 ft AM, 2+ PM
Surf

Knee to thigh high SSE short period wind swell with occasional waist high sets.

Conditions

Clean in the morning with NNE winds 10-15mph. Semi glassy conditions for the afternoon with the winds shifting ENE less than 5mph.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts