Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing Association is holding their annual spring tournament ( April 13th), offering inshore and offshore categories. We are only 2 days away from the deadline ending the early registration discount of $10. On April 1st, the price increases to $50.00 plus the PayPal transaction fee. So sign up now!

http://www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com/2013_Tournament_entry.htm

Here is a link to the flyer: http://www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com/Images/2013_GCKFA_Tourny_Flier.jpg

and even more tournament information:
http://www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com/Tournament.htm

·
The Yakslayer
590 Posts
Those of you who aren't sure or have never been in a tournament, do not hesitate to sign up. It's well worth your while and with so many door prizes and categories....you've got good odds to come home with something.

I can't wait. It keeps getting better every year.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Got a question for you guys in charge of the tournament. My dad is gonna fish with me but will be coming from Mississippi. I'll be at the captains meeting but I don't want him to drive all the way to Pcola when he's staying with me in Daphne the Friday night before (I work in pcola). Would it be a problem for me to attend for the both of us?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Send an email making a formal request to: [email protected]

As in previous years we will make a note of the request on our check-in documentation. What we need to ask is if someone can attend the meeting in his absence? Can someone (friend, family, ...) relay any important updates to the rules or other important information, identify this person my name that will be authorized to gather captains bags and perform the check in process. If these request can be met then we will not have a problem with the request.

p.s. The request must be made by the individual not able to make the Captains meeting, via the registered email address of the angler.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The tourney count is up over 100 - it will be a great day to be a kayak fisherman! Captain's meeting at Hooter's Pensacola Beach Friday night, fish Saturday, hit the weigh-in, sit and enjoy a cold beverage with your yakfishermen friends, check out other yaks, watch fish come in, win a door prize, buy a reverse raffle ticket for a Hobie PA14, possibly get on the leaderboard, pose with Hooter's girls, chow down on Hooters wings, bring a new lure to enter the Best Dam*Tackle Box drawing... OK, do I need to go further???

Go to www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com or get an entry form from your local kayak dealer or bait & tackle store. See you there!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be closing the on-line registration on the morning of April 11th to make sure we have all on the on-line documentation ready for the check-in process at the Captains Meeting.

If you are one that waits to the very last minute, please print the tournament application and bring the completed form and $50.00 (cash) to the captains meeting located at Hooters on Pensacola Beach, at 5:30 PM, Friday April 12th.

http://www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com/Documents/2013 Tournament Entry Form v1.pdf

·
Registered
174 Posts
GCKFA Tournament

Hey Ted.....I know you told me that we would be stuffing the Captains' Bags at your office, again, but what day (Wednesday?) and what time?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Kinda of a dumb questions but couldn't find the answer on the site... Everyone has to launch from shoreline park correct?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was at the meeting last night and the prizes and give a ways for this tourney are AWESOME!:thumbup: If you are not sure whether to sign up or not you should. It will be your lose if you don't. :( Rain or shine, surf or flat...it is fishing, and any day fishing is better than a day of doing something else IMO. Everyone should definately come and check out all of the hard work put into this tourney by all of the GCKFA leaders and volunteers. Hope to see you all oout there...You will only see me at the captains meeting and hopefully weighing in a good fish(or more) at the weigh ins.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The tickets for the reverse raffle for the PA are $10 I think. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
they were $10 last year and I believe they are the same this year. Plus they only have 300 tickets so you better get them before they're all gone!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts