Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Me Neither!!! from home computer that is. If someone finds out what I need to do, let me know. I dont know how to empty the cookie jar. Ive tried google and other search engines.

Registered
Guys please tell me who you get your internet through and your city/county.

There is some issue with the DNS ( the internet "telephone book" that only seems to be randomly affecting certain internet providers. I know about 4 people who are having this issue, there might be more.

Trying to figure out what the pattern is so I can contact those companies

The internet works by taking lots of small "hops" before it get's to the destination ( the server ). That's putting it very basic.

If one of those 'hops' has incorrect dns/routing info, it would be seemingly random problem, and not one either of us could do anything about except call the isp company and complain

It is definitely not a server issue. Many people are on it right now.

Try from a different network... like a friend with cable instead of dsl, or a friend with dsl instead of cable... or someone with cox instead of mediacom, or a friend with a droid/iphone and tell me what your results are. I am on cox and have no issues. My friend has verizon/droid, no issues.

Registered
Guys please tell me who you get your internet through and your city/county.

There is some issue with the DNS ( the internet "telephone book" that only seems to be randomly affecting certain internet providers. I know about 4 people who are having this issue, there might be more.

Trying to figure out what the pattern is so I can contact those companies

The internet works by taking lots of small "hops" before it get's to the destination ( the server ). That's putting it very basic.

If one of those 'hops' has incorrect dns/routing info, it would be seemingly random problem, and not one either of us could do anything about except call the isp company and complain

It is definitely not a server issue. Many people are on it right now.

Try from a different network... like a friend with cable instead of dsl, or a friend with dsl instead of cable... or someone with cox instead of mediacom, or a friend with a droid/iphone and tell me what your results are. I am on cox and have no issues. My friend has verizon/droid, no issues.
I use mediacom and live in Gulf breeze. I keep getting errors

Registered
Now that is service

It was the DNS.

I asked my provider to look into this. I submitted a ticket, and THREE MINUTES LATER, got a response.

Hello,

The issue is that your nameservers did not have A records set up.

The nameservers can still function somewhat without them as you saw you were able to access the site just fine so can plenty of others but it does causes sporadic issues.

I have added the A records so these issues should be resolved within the next few hours if not sooner.

Registered
Yea... seems like certain ISP's had a problem with the way DNS was configured. Other's didnt

DNS changes go from top down so just try it and if don't work, try back in an hour.

Registered
YOU Da MAN ChrisLiver!!!!!!!!! I thought i was just 'puter impaired.

and yes , the ever famous butterbowl.... iti's alot easier to empty "friends" of mine.

Fishing Goddess
YOU Da MAN ChrisLiver!!!!!!!!! I thought i was just 'puter impaired.

and yes , the ever famous butterbowl.... iti's alot easier to empty "friends" of mine.
:)a butter bowl rocks Lane...I never leave home without it when heading out to fish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts