Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

gas

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Death From Above 
#1 ·
anybody notice the price increase this week

#2 ·
My God man - it is crazy!!!! 2 week ago this coming thursday, I paid 2.32 at wally world on blue angel and if I remember correctly the place right there by Outcast was like 2.35 - I was at Outcast today and the price was 2.58!!! I just don't get it - I really don't! By the way back to wally world - in 8 days from the afore mentioned date - I noticed a 17 cent increase - anyone know whats up????

#4 ·
What really sux is that we are paying more for worse gas... the alcohol makes the MPG go down... :banghead

It is only gonna get worse from here. Those folks who live where the water gets hard are gonna start burning the oil up... that supply and demand thing is a good excuse to raise the $$$.

#7 ·
Yeah... And when itgoes up again in the summer it will be because of summer travel. They keep it as high as the economy can possibly stand. When we quit buying, it goes down. When we start buying, it goes up. All you heard about when it was $4 a gal was hybrids and electric this and that. That talk has calmed down a little so here come our high prices again.

#11 ·
<P _extended="true">NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Oil prices have vaulted above $78 a barrel this week as investors continue to fret about a weak dollar and the pace of the economic recovery. <P _extended="true">Crude prices have gained more than 60% since March amid expectations that an economic recovery, especially in fast-growing emerging markets like China , would spur oil demand. <P _extended="true">In search of recovery signs, the oil market often takes its cues from the stock market, seen as a barometer for the health of the economy. As the Dow Jones industrial average crossed the psychological level of 10,000 this week, oil prices followed suit, after months of vacillation in a tight range.<P _extended="true">The European Union is trying to kill the dollar and our government is helping them. When the Dollar is worth less on the world stage we get less oil for the money. Also China is experiencing the automobile revolution that we had in the 50's and 60's. The average family in China can now afford a car and half a billion new cars suck a lot of gas. <P _extended="true">

#12 ·
JOHNJOHN205 (10/20/2009)gas stations are jumping the price because the price of oil reached aprox 80 a barrel, they are just jumping the price before the price increase hits them to make a larger profit

not true at all. we make more money in the fuel business on a falling price. if you want to know the true cost of a gallon of gas its not rocket science. just check out the ticker on top of the MSN news for RBOB gasoline. thats pure unbranded unadultured GASOLINA. then add in your states applicable taxes, if its a branded fuel add in a few cents for the additives, and it costs roughly .02 a gallon to have it hauled. end of story. for the most part, after credit card fees we make a nickel a gallon; which hardly pays the light bill. its the refineries that make the cash!

#13 ·
JohnHYoung (10/20/2009)The price of retail gasoline seems to be responding to the price of oil on the world market and the wholesale spot market price of gasoline. Both are way up in the last two weeks.
Your going to think I'm crazy for making this statement, but company's in the US are actually "Reverse Lightering" crude right now. What does this mean, you ask? SOME US firms are actually loading empty tankers in Texas with crude and shipping it to other markets because of a US glut of reserves. I'm NOT joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya at the pump...... :banghead

#14 ·
SUNDAY-FUNDAY (10/21/2009)
JOHNJOHN205 (10/20/2009)gas stations are jumping the price because the price of oil reached aprox 80 a barrel, they are just jumping the price before the price increase hits them to make a larger profit

not true at all. we make more money in the fuel business on a falling price. if you want to know the true cost of a gallon of gas its not rocket science. just check out the ticker on top of the MSN news for RBOB gasoline. thats pure unbranded unadultured GASOLINA. then add in your states applicable taxes, if its a branded fuel add in a few cents for the additives, and it costs roughly .02 a gallon to have it hauled. end of story. for the most part, after credit card fees we make a nickel a gallon; which hardly pays the light bill. its the refineries that make the cash!
Exactly, gas stations do not make money on gas. The gas is just to get you in the door. The gas stations are the last ones you should blame for the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.