Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I have posted about this in the past and it just never seems to go away.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">So to go over what is wrong: 2001 Hydra-Sports 2796cc. <o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Gas accumulates in the bilge trough inside the center console while in storage. I know... YIKES!<o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Sometimes barely any (just enough to smell)... sometimes a good bit ( half gallon or more). All hoses including fill and vent lines have been replaced. Fuel sending unit and gasket were replaced. Fuel pick up lines were replaced and fittings there are tight and don't leak. Fuel lines to engines are not leaking and neither are the fuel water separators. <o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Fuel tank has been pressure tested three times and each time passed. Even left it pressurized for many days but never lost pressure. Pressure tested it with varying amounts of fuel.... It still passed the test.<o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white">

Any suggestions? Does anyone know any shop that can actually find the problem? Does anyoneknow of a good boatyard that canpull/replace the tank?

Please help! Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have a dye product that you recommend in that reguard?

If so, is it available locally? I see lots of petroleum dyes on-line but they all are for hydrolic and lubricating oils. I have yet to see one that stated that it can be used on fuels.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oreilly auto parts ask for the high quality petrolium based dye. You will also need a black light if you are having a hard time tracing it. You can get a black light at spencers gifts for about $10. Use more dye than recomended to make it easier. Fuel is a petrolium based product and any dye for petrolium systems will work. I've been using this method for a few years and it has not let me down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts