Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joey’s post reminded me that I’m supposed to get my MIL a new gas grill for Mother’s Day, this Sunday (this is your reminder). With that said, what is the best gas grill that I can readily purchase at a big box store for less than $400. It will be used maybe once a week for burgers and dogs.

Brownie points if you can recommend one that I don’t have to put together.

TIA!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I got a char broil performance tru infrared. it's not an egg, but for the money, I like it a lot. I did have to put mine together, but lowes or wally world may have one on display that's already done.

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
I have a charm glo? Atleast I think thats the brand. Bought it a few years ago. Stainless burner, grates, all stainless parts inside and out. Its held up well considering I never keep it covered anymore..... and it hardly gets used now that I have the egg, lol. But prior to the egg, it was used 2 or 3x a week. It is a big one though, not sure how much cooking area she needs? I would look for as much stainless internals as you can get. Oh and I rolled it out the door at Home depot and they loaded it! It was around the $400 price too

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Weber Spirit grills. A 2 burner looks to be about $350 at Lowes. I'm on my second Weber (Genesis). My first one lasted me about 15 years and was going strong, I just wanted a newer/larger one so upgraded.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gentlemen, I will take the advice and see what is out there and hopefully make good for the MIL.

I wanted the opinion of the forum before I stuck my 0.02 out there: I own a CharBroil "Commerical" 4 burner. It is 3.5 years old and total hunk of chit. The casters are pulling away from the flimsy sheet metal, none of the hardware is quality, the left side barely gets to half the BTU's as the right, and on and on and on. For the price of replacing the internals, I can put a new down payment on a new one! The caveat is that we use it alot, as in 3-5 times a week for quick cooks and side items while the egg is set to low and slow; however, in my mind it should have lasted longer than it has and should not be living on a prayer after 3.5 years. Rant Over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts