Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Lowrance GPS:boo<UL><LI>Four words that you will get real use to seeing: "GPS Module Not Responding"</LI><LI>User manual as easy to follow as a French movie.</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i called garmin today and was told that it is all a lie. i am gonna go back to bps and ask them where they are getting there info from. it really makes me mad for someone to lie to me to make me spend money on something. this is a chicken shit way of doing buisness. i will be buying a garmin but it will not be from Bass pro shop. i will also do all i can to convince others to buy somewhere else, hell i might even put it in the soundoff section. i have spent a lot of money there and this really rubs me the wrong way. this is not the way to do buisness. Joey

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I think that there was someone on the forum that started working there. search for BPS and you will find his screen name and maybe he can fix the problem with the guy....

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i was told this by two different salesman on two different occasions. about three weeks apart. why do this when they also sale garmin?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jlw1972 (2/10/2010)i was told this by two different salesman on two different occasions. about three weeks apart. why do this when they also sale garmin?

Personal preference? trying to win a prize with lowrance? hatred for garmin for making a good product? i would go in there and ask to speak to a manager or the highest person you could...becasue if they are doing that to you...no telling what else they are doing

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
fisheye48 (2/10/2010)
jlw1972 (2/10/2010)i was told this by two different salesman on two different occasions. about three weeks apart. why do this when they also sale garmin?
Personal preference? trying to win a prize with lowrance? hatred for garmin for making a good product? i would go in there and ask to speak to a manager or the highest person you could...becasue if they are doing that to you...no telling what else they are doing
no what he needs to do is go in there again and ask someone again and when they say they are going out of business then ask for the high man in charge. that way he can't say he did not say it and crawfish out of his lie. then you need to call garmin back and tell tghem they may need to send some people in there that are high up on the food chain and let them ask the same question to see what happens. there is no telling how many people buy lowrance because of this.

·
Registered
842 Posts
First, Lowrance customer service sucks! I have a HDS-5x fishfinder and initially hated it until I talked to my cousin who had one and he helped me with the settings. At first, it's not real user friendly but after using it for a bit worked pretty good. Now I can't say anything about Lowrance GPS's but I have a Garmin 545 on one boat, my old boat had a Garmin 392 and in my Crystal Craft I use a Garmin 60c handheld and love them all. I'm sure there are better units but if I buy another it'll be a Garmin. There customer service is awesome, had a question and the rep was one of the knowledgable I've ever dealt with.

Ted

21 - 27 of 27 Posts