Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used one of these before? Any thoughts or news on it? Looks pretty badarse

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
While I don't have one , I have now fished twice with a friend that does. I t is just unbelievably awesome. I really feel like it is cheating. I deeper water , think of reef, wrecks, bridges, etc. you can actually pinpoint an exact fish you may want to target . You can see that fish swim around AND you can actually see your bait or lure either get taken or ignored by that fish. What was also a learning experience was watching a fish take your bait well before you can feel them on your rod. The other great application is fishing around piers . No more wasting your time blindly fishing around piers. You simply troll motor around piers until you see fish and then back off and cast at THAT fish. All that being said I don't tournament fish but I would hate to be in a tournament or rodeo competing against someone else who has one and I didn't !

·
Registered
379 Posts
Been using livescope for a year now. It is awesome. Don't have to fish where there are no fish anymore. Have watched a many of crappie swim up to my jig and bite it. Watched a lot more swim up to it and turn around and swim off. lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have only used mine in freshwater, so no experience in saltwater. What I have read about saltwater use, is it only works in shallower water. I have used mine in 30 to 40 ft. of water in the river and it works good at those depth's.

·
Super Moderator
28,928 Posts
I have one and it is a GAMECHANGER..... I have it mounted on my troller which I need to change that to another mount. Its awesome but when the troller is constantly moving it has to adjust all the time. I really need a dedicated screen for it because there is no split screen so running the bottom/gps you have to swap back and forth to the livescan

Reactions: halo1

·
Registered
448 Posts
It will be interesting to see if Livescope results in a decline of really big crappie in places like Grenada Lake. They are using it big time over there to target the largest females pre-spawn and it works extremely wel for that purpose.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Like Jason said. Do not mount on spot lock trolling motor shaft. Every time motor turns, transducer turns. There are mounts that hold the transducer pointed in desired direction and allow trolling motor to rotate independently. Best fishing video game around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts