Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they have a rebate on the cards if you buy them but Garmin is not very clear on the difference and what comes pre-loaded versus a card.

This unit says it comes pre-loaded with Bluechart G2. The rebate says you have to buy a card and the card is a Bluechart G2 HD or Bluechart G2 Vision HD.

I can't find the difference between what is pre-loaded and the card.

If it is pre-loaded, does a card come with it and you are eligible for a rebate or is the card that is separate have more and you have to buy that to get the rebate?

Called Garmin and they had 1.5 hour hold time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
what comes preloaded is the standard marine card. the rebate is or basically the High Definition card which I have the preloaded and it has so much detail that I cannot imagine what the HD card would have. Once you see the detail that comes preloaded with the costal maps you won't spend any extra money for the HD card.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
The g2 chart is great. Do you know you can copy the g2 chart from 7610 or other 7600 models onto a sd card and use it with homeport. You must have the sd card pluged into a usb port to view the charts on home port. What else do you need? My opinion nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts