Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
viking,
i saw your setup for irrigation. i used to have a hozon brass siphon mixer when i operated a greenhouse. they maybe cheaper, i haven't checked but they work on the same venturi principle. they are easier to attach and use and a quick soak in vinegar gets the salt build up in the little ball valve.
jack

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Yep @jack2! I won't be doing anything fancy until I get my own place again and can increase the size of my garden. The brass siphon is a bit cheaper but I like having an all in one setup that is easy to monitor thru the clear 24 oz. reservoir. This will the most expensive part of my current irrigation system, the digital timer/scheduler was around $30.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
those look like ichiban eggplant?
jack

·
Registered
996 Posts
A little bit too much ash in this garden this year. Tired of fighting pig weed so i burnt about 4 dump trailers of oak leaves in it this winter, tilling the soil between each burning. Then added 2 loads of manure. Everything stunted this year. Oh well, fine crop of nut grass though. Taters producing well despite the puny vines. Been “borrowing” my neighbors squash for the time being. Few short rows of okra and variety of hot and sweet peppers for grilling and making pepper sauce, squash, cuc and tiny tims n beef steaks

Attachments

121 - 140 of 167 Posts