Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
261 - 280 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Any sign of pink and I pick them. Takes stress off my bushes when they are loaded like they are this year.
good point
still have about 500' of mullet net that we have put over the plants to keep birds off before but now just pick them when they start to turn and place them on a window seal to ripen in the sun .

WATER YOUR GARDENS 101 Deg today = global warming ......
Food Plant Ingredient Tableware Cuisine

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
here's an update on mine:
english pea vines removed. gonna till next week in that row and start some collard seeds. i usually just sprinkle the seeds in a 10in. deep furrow and gradually cover them with dirt as they grow.
picked a mess of bl. eye, lady peas are coming on strong. my peppers seemed to have started more growth than fruit...too much nitro. squash are on their last crop...probably pull those vines next week. the tomatoes are loaded. picked 2doz. this morning. blue lake is starting to come on. picked a mess this am.
Plant Plant community Natural environment Natural landscape Sunlight

and, yes, water in the am for about 2hrs.

jack

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
another good one is sliced half-ripe tomato topped with parmesan and mozzarella cheese baked. your pic made me want to go get some tomatoes.
jack

Reactions: DLo

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Haven't seen any horn worms this year but I'm covered up with stink bugs
have nether of them so far . I do not like using poisons in my garden and had a big group of stink bugs one year . I thought about a quick spay of raid on them but my daughter had some cheap perfume so I sprayed them with that and they fell to the ground kicking and spinning around. they ether died or left smelling better

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
dlo,
your diagnosis is point on. lol
jack

Reactions: Deja vu and DLo
261 - 280 of 283 Posts