Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
had to google shishito. where you get seeds? the article on google says hotter than bell and milder than jalapeno. i would like to try some of these.
jack
I bought one seedling from Lowe's, since I'd never grown any. Strong, healthy plant with good yield ... Peppers are very mild but tasty. I'll grow more next season.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
So the pie plates don't deter the mockingbird nor does the fake crows. Starting tomorrow they will be controlled. Seen some coolapenos this weekend. Supposed to be a jalapeno but no heat. Think I'm gonna grab a few and see what I can do. Along with adding a few citronella plants to the yard. My bell pepper plant is absolutely loaded. Supposed to be red. But they are all green and no sign of being red.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
had to google shishito. where you get seeds? the article on google says hotter than bell and milder than jalapeno. i would like to try some of these.
jack
Bonnie had plants this year. I’m blistering some tommarow night with some steamed dumplings

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
jack
Jack I have 5 Shishitos and picked mine up as plants this year at either Lowe's or Home Depot. Seeds I had to buy online and find Etsy as a great source for a lot of seeds here lately! My wife covers them with olive oil and then seasons them and bakes them in the oven with mushrooms we get from Sam's and they are delicious, probably our favorite!

Shishito seeds | Etsy

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
So the pie plates don't deter the mockingbird nor does the fake crows. Starting tomorrow they will be controlled. Seen some coolapenos this weekend. Supposed to be a jalapeno but no heat. Think I'm gonna grab a few and see what I can do. Along with adding a few citronella plants to the yard. My bell pepper plant is absolutely loaded. Supposed to be red. But they are all green and no sign of being red.

I have a Coolapeno and we like it a lot, you get the Jalapeno flavor without the heat. I have 15 pepper plants this year because they are easy to grow and taste great. I need to start researching how to build my own green house so I can keep them alive over the Winter.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
y cucumbers apparently enjoy getting some shade from the Oak tree near where they're planted, I've never had cucumbers get this out of control before! I've had to add support for them and guide them the direction I want them to go with tie wraps to make sure some other plants nearby can still get sunlight! Next year I'll have to make sure not to plant any near the sweet corn either, they are tackling the sweet corn, trimmed them up last night to try and save the couple of corn stalks they had attacked!

Plant Botany Flowerpot Terrestrial plant Flower
Plant Tree Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Annual plant

·
Registered
37 Posts
Early season 1x maybe 2x a week. As long as soil is moist. This time of year, some plants get a drink everyday others is every other day. If wilt I water. But I have a bush early girl. So far that plant is very hardy and has not wilted 1x. I water it if the soil is dry. Damn mockingbirds are picking my tomatoes lately. They gonna have to find a new home.

I've found a load of #9 shot takes care of Mockingbirds!!😆

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
man, those halapenos look good. i got every other pepper but those, got a late start.
jack

Reactions: HighCotton

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I’ve realized from this thread, if cheet hits the fan, I’m gonna have to relocate next to some of y’all or I ain’t gonna make it🤣
If it ever does I'm going to load my guns and and reloading supply's and head to my Wife's and Brother in laws property in West Greene Al. They have a Trac Hoe . Only one road goes threw there and we surmise in our drunkin talks in about 6 hours we could cover 4 Conex boxes with 15 foot of dirt and knock out one bridge and dig out the other end on a road in a gully and have at least 45 thousand acers to Ourselves. LOL

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
damn son, getter done. (y)
jack

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
looks like you got them babies spaced days apart from ripening the way you set them out.
jack

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
These mockingbird will be the death of me. Saturday I went and purchased green fence post. Came home a drove them in around my patio. Encased the patio with bird netting. Ended up leaving a spot open by my door. Well a couple hours goes by and my daughter sees a bird inside the netting. It failed to leave and somehow died. I didn't see any birds Sunday or Monday. But Tuesday I see where a bird got into some pretty red tomatoes that were about to be picked. Back to the store for more netting. Got everything pretty secure. Sitting here this afternoon I watch a bird try to lift the netting off the ground, then flies up on top of the netting looking for a way in. He found a small place to enter. I tried not letting him out. But after frantically getting caught in the night I was about to help him find his exit strategy. Instead he got lucky and found the gap he came in on. More zip ties and I think it should be good now. Now its just a battle. I've spent more money then I will recoup in tomatoes but I will win the war.

241 - 260 of 283 Posts