Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
me too. My one plant of sweet 100's drinks every bit of a gallon plus a day. It is behind a solid fence and is blocked by afternoon sun. But it is in a 7 gallon pot and not in the ground if that helps.
Early season 1x maybe 2x a week. As long as soil is moist. This time of year, some plants get a drink everyday others is every other day. If wilt I water. But I have a bush early girl. So far that plant is very hardy and has not wilted 1x. I water it if the soil is dry. Damn mockingbirds are picking my tomatoes lately. They gonna have to find a new home.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
seven dust at the base ?
Might give that a try, first I have to get some! At my old place entire garden was on my back patio elevated 5' off the ground, never really had a bug problem there. With Wetlands nearby thought had rat problems but quickly took care of that with traps and some peanut butter!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
yep, peanut butter is good for rats. when they eat it, it sticks to the roof of their mouth and they suffocate.
jack

Reactions: DLo and 69Viking

·
Registered
828 Posts
Early season 1x maybe 2x a week. As long as soil is moist. This time of year, some plants get a drink everyday others is every other day. If wilt I water. But I have a bush early girl. So far that plant is very hardy and has not wilted 1x. I water it if the soil is dry. Damn mockingbirds are picking my tomatoes lately. They gonna have to find a new home.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I saw a cardinal fly into my tomatoes and was having bad feelings about him when out he pops with a big old bug in his mouth. We good now.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I haven't found birds to bother the garden too much, mostly like you witnessed they are after bugs but will also go after seed if something seeds out. 1.75" of rain at my place with those lightning filled storms yesterday!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
1.75" of rain at my place with those lightning filled storms yesterday!
i saw that on radar yesterday. looked like the whole coast line was dotted with red, yellow, and green.
jack

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
i just checked radar and all of miss. is covered in storms, headed this way.
jack

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Wow, talk about muggy this morning, stormy weekend for sure. I think it was Friday when some nasty storms blew up and went thru us, had to stand up several of my baby Sawtooth oak trees that got blown over. Then Sunday afternoon a storm blew up right over us and an hour later we had 2.5" of rain, the garden is loving it!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Do ya'll buy new seeds every year for your veggies or can you use left over seeds (packages) from previous years? I was thinking about stocking up on seeds but don't know if that is a good idea or not.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
had to google shishito. where you get seeds? the article on google says hotter than bell and milder than jalapeno. i would like to try some of these.
jack

221 - 240 of 283 Posts