Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
since some of you are just starting out with okra, here are some hints that you might already know but are very important. use fertilizer with the numbers like 5-10-15 when planting (high n is bad) in about 60 days the blooms will form and you should start using high nitrogen fertilizer like trip13. harvest must be every 1-2 days depending on the quality you want. mature pods will soak up all of the energy and very few new pods will form.
jack
I was told to cut the "sucker leaf" out from under pod when picked. This help or hurt in your opinion?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I’ve realized from this thread, if cheet hits the fan, I’m gonna have to relocate next to some of y’all or I ain’t gonna make it🤣
If it ever does I'm going to load my guns and and reloading supply's and head to my Wife's and Brother in laws property in West Greene Al. They have a Trac Hoe . Only one road goes threw there and we surmise in our drunkin talks in about 6 hours we could cover 4 Conex boxes with 15 foot of dirt and knock out one bridge and dig out the other end on a road in a gully and have at least 45 thousand acers to Ourselves. LOL

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
this is the time of the year i hate. this garden has got me bustin my ass trying to keepn up. tomatoes have gone crazy, pink eyes and bl. eyes are everywhere. okra needs picking every other day, peppers are loaded down, cayenne, tobasco, habenero, bell, peperocinii, banana, cukes every day, squash is still blooming, watermelons and cantaloupe coming in a few weeks.
jack
So your gona use that new tractor to Open up new ground and expand next year?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Hard lesson learned today. Bought a new standup freezer in May and put it under carport. Been packing it fill of my okra, corn, white peas, etc out of my garden. Had several bags of bream and other fish too. Damn thing was almost full. Apparently today we had a bad storm around noon with wind strong enough to push my AU prep table just at the right angle into the door to crack it. Flew open and broke hinges. Came home at 630 to find EVERYTHING thawed. Oh well, this little ant is back to gathering again for the winter. So those of you with stand up freezers in a similiar spot-be careful. View attachment 1093841
That sucks been there. I keep a bungee cord on the fridge and the freezer door in the shop after inadvertently dragging a extinction cord across the bottom of the door and not finding it for a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts