Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
usually somebody on here starts a garden thread .i haven't seen any lately so i'll start.
fresh spot (30 x 100) in my front yard got tilled up and added 250lb dolomite added. layed out 9 rows. got the garden peas and onions planted on march 1 (too late for potatoes) . kind of a late start but it was fresh tilled sod so i had to work with it until it was ready. the rain is also slowing down progress. finally got the squash, blackeyes, and purple hull in on good friday. lady peas and string beans will be planted as soon as the ground dries up a bit.
yesterday a run to the nursery (36count tray was $14) got tomato, bell, banana, cayenne, habanero, black beauty and will plant them this afternoon. i'll post some pics later. anybody else doing anything this year?
jack

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Got our 40x40 going and the plants are doing well. 18 tomatoes, countless peppers, squash, zookeene, okra, and egg plant. Trying one row of corn and some sunflower to help pull the bugs away from the veggie plants. May be an old wives tail but we shall see. Hit em with some 12-12-12 about a week after planting and it is helping alot!

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Handwriting Sky

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, i forgot to mention the trip 13 preplant.
jack

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I started one this year after years of not doing one. Defiantly a down size from the one I had before that was almost an acre. I got 3 of these this year and filled them with mushroom compost. My 3 year old daughter loves it!! I guess that's what matters most

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
Got our 40x40 going and the plants are doing well. 18 tomatoes, countless peppers, squash, zookeene, okra, and egg plant. Trying one row of corn and some sunflower to help pull the bugs away from the veggie plants. May be an old wives tail but we shall see. Hit em with some 12-12-12 about a week after planting and it is helping alot!

View attachment 1089252
Plant some marigolds around the garden. Supposed to help with insects as well.
Lemon grass around patio to keep mosquitos away

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,715 Posts
Unless he is using chicken $h!t with a water medium….

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pretty sure I'm still the undisputed container garden king in Gulf Breeze proper ... 30 Jal's, 10 Better Boys, 6 Cukes, 2 Cherry Tomato, 1 Shistito pepper, 1 Marconi pepper & an Eggplant. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty sure I'm still the undisputed container garden king in Gulf Breeze proper ... 30 Jal's, 10 Better Boys, 6 Cukes, 2 Cherry Tomato, 1 Shistito pepper, 1 Marconi pepper & an Eggplant. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.
i def. would like to see a pic of that. container grown has always fascinated me.
jack

Reactions: HighCotton
1 - 20 of 167 Posts