Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want for fish the Garcon bridge Monday, does anyone have any tips to which side, pylon number to start at?

Any tips appreciated, it will be the first time I have fished this bridge.

Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My boys and I hit the water bout 7:30 this morning from Garcon Pt. ramp and on Brants advise we headed across the bay to the GB side and began trolling at pilon 45. I didn't have a chance to get any live bait as suggested (should have) so we were using Gulp 3" New Penny shrimp, Coccahoe's (red w/whit tail), a gold spoon, and dead sardines. At first we though we were going to have a bonus morning as we has a catfish not 5 minutes after throwing out a sardine, but that was it for the day.Qe went back toward the channel, achored up and started bottm fishing with the sardines. Something got a good breakfast, it kept biting the bait in half but we couldn't catch em. Thewind got up a bit and the bay began rolling, so we called it a morning. It was a great day with the boys and that is more important to me thancatching fish, guess we'll have pizza for supper. BTW we saw a lot of sting rays on the GB side east of the bridge, one was about 2' across. One school of mullet passed by on the same side as the sting rays, but I left my net in the truck at the ramp.

I'd like to say thanks to the guys in the blue bass boat at the ramp who were patient while Igot underway after launching. Sometimes it is like herding cats trying to launch with two young folks as helpers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi T140 got love the smile's on your kid's faces.

The blue bass boat is EricM on the forum and his friend, Barry (headed back to Iraq next week).

A lot of people on this site could learn from Eric, and not just fishing!

:usaflag

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep, that was us at the launch . It was no problem waiting for you. I have two boys also so i know how it goes. There are some good fish around that bridge.Keep throwing those gulps and you will find some fish. Great pic of the boys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts