Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Praedator
9,924 Posts
If you make an investment anywhere else and it goes under, you loose your money! Why are these bond holders any different. Asking because there has to be some law somewhere holding the state and taxpayers liable somehow??? I'd tell them to operate their bridge then and walk away! It was a private endeavor. Tax payers shouldn't be on the hook!

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you fish the Garcon Bridge it may be getting quieter within the next month, a judge has ordered FDOT to go up to $5 for the toll. If their pricing works like it does now, a double axle trailer will cost you $15 one way! Just insane. I say let it go broke, lets buy it under bankruptcy prices and make it a fair price.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,620 Posts
I thought it was $8 one way. Shows I don't use it, it's too expensive. Common sense would say drop it to $2 per crossing. More people would use it, and the more that uses it, the more money they'd collect after about 30 days as so the word will get out.
You catch more bees with honey and and no flies with vinegar.
I tell you, too many people want to make a fortune overnite. Personally, that bridge should have never been built. They'd probably make more money on it as a fishing bridge.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If they raised the toll a bit but did away with the per-axle charge, at least I might use it once in a while for convenience. I didn't know about the per-axle charge the one time I used it to get to Gulf Breeze towing my double-axle trailer, I think it cost me something like $13 to cross the bridge. Just stupid.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
I use it a good bit when running late for work, and just about every weekend during deer season, as I live behind tiger point walmart... 3.75 has always been a hard pill to swallow, but it definitely saves time... looks like I will be getting up 20 minutes earlier now and taking 87 or 110... Fml.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I’m kinda in John B’s same boat. I use it to get to my lease and blackwater. I probably use the bridge 40-75 times a year. As well as using it anytime I need to be going north on I65. I guess I’ll either suck it up and add it to my budget or explore 87 through Navarre to get to my lease (Opp). Kinda has always pissed me off to pay $7.50 a trip. I may just take my tag off at the house then put it back on somewhere on the other side of the toll booths.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
So the elephant in the room is when are they going to raise the toll on the GB bridge? If there's a dollar to be made on a monopoly , I don't put it past them

·
Registered
864 Posts
That judge should consider suspending the GP toll until the 3-mile is finished to maybe take some pressure off over there. Beach season is going to be a jammed up mess.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,620 Posts
So the elephant in the room is when are they going to raise the toll on the GB bridge? If there's a dollar to be made on a monopoly , I don't put it past them
I believe the main problem were the bonds they sold way back when to get it built, as it was not state funded. The bond holders are wanting their money and can't because of the poor usage from it. So in a nutshell, they've been losing money on their investment.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
They would make more money if it was $2 and people would actually use the bridge.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't use it. Mostly principle. I will use 87 or Scenic or 110 before GP Bridge.

I agree lower the toll and more people will use it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts