Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gamo .177Pellet Rifle that shoots 1200fps with the PBA Pellets that Gamo makes. The thing is Way Cool, even hasa fluted barrel. I used to have a different model that shot 1000fps and traded it in order to get the Varmeteer version that I have now. The only thing that Idon't like is it is very loud for a Pellet Rifle, and I kinda like to shoot it in the Backyard, but I do feel it is too loud.They are very powerful, and I can hit inside a dime at40 yards practically tilIrun out of pellets, andso can my two boys. I hunted with James Fink yesterday and seen 9 deer, all does, but they were 20ft of me, and I truly feel that I could have taken any one of the nine with my pellet gun. I do not advise shooting deer with a Pellet rifle but I really believe that I could effectively kill a whitetail with the one I have, not saying I would attempt it.

Gamo has a new Model called the Whisper that has a Muzzle Break and supposedly reduces the noise/blast more than 50%, and I am wanting one.

Does anyone else have one of these things and do you enjoy it as much as I do mine?

If someone is looking for one, I do want to get a Whisper, and would make you a good deal on the one I have tricked out.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I watched an outdoor show where the host actually killed a wild hog with a Gamo air rifle. They bayed it with dog's and he had to get in just the right position to head shoot it. Dropped him in his track's so I know it would kill a deer, although I think it's illegal. The whisper is much quieter from what I saw on the show. If you get one, let me know what you want for your's.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have gotten a kick out of seeing that show.

As I mentioned I truly believe I could have taken a doe with mine yesterday, and I base that on the accuracy I know I have in mine, as well asthe pelletwill pass through a 1" sheet of Plywood at 40yrds. I could have easily made a brain shot on any one of 6 does yesterday evening, 3 others may have been a little more risk but not much more, all 9 of them were within bow range. I was hunting with a 30:06 but I sat and thought about the idea of could I take one with my pellet rifle, and I truly believe I could have layed one of them in her tracks.

They are great rifles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Curtis,

have you seen the one that shoots the 22cal pellet (i think 22) and it can also shoot bird shot? now that is the one i would love to get. i think it is around 1200fps too. i looked at it one time and it was $187 on the net. great little gun from the videos i have seen of it.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Liquid Medication (1/3/2009)Curtis,

have you seen the one that shoots the 22cal pellet (i think 22) and it can also shoot bird shot? now that is the one i would love to get. i think it is around 1200fps too. i looked at it one time and it was $187 on the net. great little gun from the videos i have seen of it.
Yep, I have seen the .22, and it's a bad dude. I like the PBA Pellet, and have only found it in .177. The new Whisper comes in .177 and .22 and shoots 1000fps with traditional lead pellets and 1200fps with PBA pellets. In Cabelas they are around $300.00 if I am not mistaken.

In a city in North GA. there is a group of Construction workers that have some suped up high Powered Pellet rifles and shoot pigeons off of high buildings from the top of a high building they work at, during their lunch hour of course. They have some big money in some of the rifles they shoot. Inner City Snipers........

I have had a ball with mine.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

What's the brand of this .22 that shoots the 1200fps?

I've got an old .22 pump pistol that is bad azz. It's taken all kinds of birds, rabbit, squirrel and even an armadillo. I love the .22 caliber.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Collard (1/3/2009)

What's the brand of this .22 that shoots the 1200fps?

I've got an old .22 pump pistol that is bad azz. It's taken all kinds of birds, rabbit, squirrel and even an armadillo. I love the .22 caliber.
Gamo.

Actually they just introduced a new one that shoots 1600fps. They are break barrel rifles, you don't pump them up, just break the breech, load and shoot. More or less Cock and shoot, or just pump once and shoot. Regardless, very powerful Weapons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Career Dragon Slayer Air Rifle

.50 Caliber Big Bore by ShinSung PCP

Career Dragon Slayer Air Rifle .50 cal

You should have this, here is a link

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the same gun as you and didn't know about a muzzle on the new ones. If it is the same quality as you know they make, happy ought to be the right word for GAMO pellet guns. If you do buy one of the new ones let me know the diffrence in sound, I do agreee they are kinda loud. Thanks for the new info

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I've got a Gamo, 1000 FPS and it's not very accurate. I shot it quite a bit when I first got it just at cans and stuff so I never really tested it on paper. When I did, I couldn't get better than a 6" circle. I e-mailed the company and they said to try cleaning it so I did. Never got around to checking it after cleaning. What kind of groups do you get with yours ?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is more accurate with PBA pellets than reg lead pellets. The PBA Pellets are made from something other than lead, and look like brass, but they are shaped better and must fly more true. I can group inside of 1" at 30-40yds, but that is with the PBA pellets.

BTW the PBA Pellets are kinda "High" for what I would think pellets should be worth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wal-Mart in Navarre carries the Gamo Big Cat (1200fps) standard stock at $149. There's a crossman 1000 in there too for a little less, and a dual caliber 1000fps as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ihave the one that shoots that shot shell... (.22 and shot shell ).... THAT THING IS A BLAST!!!! STRONG!!! and keeps the " PESTS" out of my yard!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is that video that you were talking about...

Garbo (1/3/2009)I would have gotten a kick out of seeing that show.

As I mentioned I truly believe I could have taken a doe with mine yesterday, and I base that on the accuracy I know I have in mine, as well asthe pelletwill pass through a 1" sheet of Plywood at 40yrds. I could have easily made a brain shot on any one of 6 does yesterday evening, 3 others may have been a little more risk but not much more, all 9 of them were within bow range. I was hunting with a 30:06 but I sat and thought about the idea of could I take one with my pellet rifle, and I truly believe I could have layed one of them in her tracks.

They are great rifles.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did I miss the price you want for it or are you just talking about selling it and don't know if you want to sell or not?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
golfdc (3/4/2009)Did I miss the price you want for it or are you just talking about selling it and don't know if you want to sell or not?
I really started the thread to see if there were many others that found the rifles interesting and bought one, more or less to start conversation about Gamo and High Powered Pellet Rifles. I posted it in the Hunting Section, and didn't really have the intent of selling it, although I would have to if I were to replace it with the new Whisper that I would like to have. Long story short I did sell it, even though I didn't start this thread to do so. A great Man, bought it for his son.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts