Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite only being able to fish one day due to Gen-set problems, we tagged two Bules and one White. The two Blues were 90", and 92".

Warren Culberson caught the 90" fish, it was really thick. Sam Camriotes caught the 92" fish. I caught the White it was my first White and they put me in the drink at the dock.

In addition to the Top Boat Award we won the tag and release division and the Mclellan award.

We actually tied with another boat for top boat so they gave us both the award.... I think they bent the rules a bit but we didn't complain.

It was one of the best days of fishing I've ever had....also one YFT, one dolphin and a couple of Blackfins...we used them for live bait.

Didn't pull lures all day.....Live baits on a kite and slow trollled onthe riggers..

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We all forgot our cameras.....I'll pst some photos of us with our winnings...trophie, sculpture and picture as soon as I get them...

I think we may be in the News Journal.....BIG TIME...:doh:doh:banghead

·
Registered
214 Posts
Boardfeet (6/8/2008)Despite only being able to fish one day due to Gen-set problems, we tagged two Bules and one White. The two Blues were 90", and 92".

Warren Culberson caught the 90" fish, it was really thick. Sam Camriotes caught the 92" fish. I caught the White it was my first White and they put me in the drink at the dock.

In addition to the Top Boat Award we won the tag and release division and the Mclellan award.

We actually tied with another boat for top boat so they gave us both the award.... I think they bent the rules a bit but we didn't

complain.

It was one of the best days of fishing I've ever had....also one YFT, one dolphin and a couple of Blackfins...we used them for live bait.

Didn't pull lures all day.....Live baits on a kite and slow trollled onthe riggers..
What is a Gen-Set???? you catch those blues on J hooks? You put those black fins on your kite or down rigger?????:clap

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gen-set = Generator............

Circle hooks...IFGA rules

Outriggers not downriggers

The blackfins were on the outriggers........no bites on them

The outrigger holds the baitfish close to the surface...More inticing to the billfish

·
Registered
214 Posts
Boardfeet (6/8/2008)Gen-set = Generator............

Circle hooks...IFGA rules

Outriggers not downriggers

The blackfins were on the outriggers........no bites on them

The outrigger holds the baitfish close to the surface...More inticing to the billfish
Thanks. Downriggers keep your bait down where mr. blue lives. I guess you never tried putting a 20lb ball down with a blackfin on it. Tommy sells all the equipment to do it. Even the rubber bands. Next time your down at daybreak I'll be more than happy to show you how. On those circle hooks are you using an offset EYE or straight, stainless 15/0, with 400lb. flouro.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right the hook cannot be offset. However the eye of the hook can be bent back or off-set I,m not sure what it's called, but it is much better for snelling the hook...

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Jake and Disanto.

Looks like we're headed to the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic next

It means a lot to get compliments from guys with your experience and expertise!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts