Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunting is our wintertime passion, in the last 7 years probably haven’t missed a handful of morning sits. Don’t usually sit in the evening. I like the sun coming up not going down. And we have done well in the meat and horn department. With that said. This year we decided to do cameras. Ms Penny and I have about 1200 pictures from 2 cameras on two plots, In two months. Not a single deer in the mornings, talk about making it tough to sit in the mornings knowing they are not moving. But we’re going again , can’t be successful from the couch. Good luck everyone.

·
Super Moderator
29,893 Posts
Yepper....makes me sit less!!! You just never know bout them jokers!!! Good luck, bout to hit the tree myself!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've got 2 large plot setups within 1/2 mile of each other. One is a reliable morning hunt; one is more reliable in the afternoon. But deer don't follow a schedule so you never know when they may switch it up on you (especially bucks).

Maybe move your cameras and try to find a morning spot?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It sounds like the cameras have narrowed it down for you. Except during the rut, I've never done much on plots in the morning in Alabama.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
I run them year round. Movement depends on available food in the woods. As a very general observation for the last month acorns trump grass and corn right now.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Put a security light on the plots.

That way the deer will not eat all night. If they eat all night, they won't eat in the daytime.

Maybe post a sign that says "Deer Season Closed" written in "Deer." I haven't seen even one single deer down here since the season opened where I was seeing a few most every day.

Maybe change your hide. Deer ain't exactly dumb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts