Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
How am I supposed to park right in front of the ramp now, can someone answer me that? Government ruins everything!

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
They could screw up a game of tic tac toe. Especially in District 2.

They sure screwed up Navy point years ago.... before they screwed the pooch, you would enter from Syrcle drive, turn 90° to the right and back straight to the ramp…… Now, you enter from Kailash and have to turn your rig around 180° to back down the ramp… I have seen many a tire peeled from the wheel From the stress of a double axle trailer making a tight 180° turns with a heavy boat on it……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Looks like there may be more parking but I don't know how. We quit using Galvez after both my truck and trailer were hit. Still enjoy watching some of the weekend folks using the ramp though....

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like there may be more parking but I don't know how. We quit using Galvez after both my truck and trailer were hit. Still enjoy watching some of the weekend folks using the ramp though....
Well, when you straddle 2 parking spots, bump the pilings and knock over my mailbox....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks like a good plan to me. Trailers parking where they should and individuals parking where they should. I got my front bumper ripped off 2 weeks ago by someone without a trailer that shouldn’t have been there to start with. It’s a boat ramp with trailer parking, not a sight seeing destination

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would like to see what the regulations on the ramp actually are and who enforces them. There was a sailboat that was tied up to the dock by the ramp for over a week living on his boat, and multiple charters use it for a drop off an pickup location. Didn't know that the public boat ramp was supposed to be used for this type stuff. Thought it was just to launch and pickup your boat. I don't have a problem with it, just would like to know what the public ramp was made for.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
They could screw up a game of tic tac toe. Especially in District 2.
and that's the truth Mike!

Pretty sure RT has his name all over that. And for what? A few more parking spaces, new asphalt and striping. complete rebuild of the ramps and docks. Right next to the Kayak and swimming docks of the new park.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
The Galvez Landing boat ramp off of Innerarity Point Road is undergoing a redesign that will move the boat ramp to the end of Cruzat Way, re-configuring the parking lot to allow for larger boat trailers to be parked.

The Escambia County Commission approved hiring Municipal Engineering Services Inc. for $279,442 to complete the work. The relocated ramp, like the current ramp, will be able to accommodate two boats at once.

Robert Turpin, division manager for Escambia County Marine Resources, said the current boat ramp was built at a time when the average boat trailer and car were smaller.

"We want to provide longer parking and better turning radii for being able to move through the parking lot, and an area for launching where you're not pulling into the middle of the parking lot," Turpin said. "That's why we're moving the launching to where you have a better forward and backward distance."

At the current boat ramp, Turpin said there are times when people park and inadvertently block longer trailers from using the ramp. The new design will prevent that from happening.

"We want it to be much easier, and we want it to be much safer," Turpin said.

Next to the new ramp, the state Department of Environmental Protection is in the process of building a new park with a play area and the county's first handicap-accessible swim area. The park area will also feature additional parking.

The swimming area at the new park will be physically separated from the boat ramp, Turpin said.

"We'll have the docks and pilings in such a way that the folks that want to bring their kids down there and swim can feel safer than they feel right now," Turpin said.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Since Big Lagoon is closed, we used Galvez last weekend. I had to back the trailer into the shrubs up next to Hubs parking lot and I was still about 2 feet to long for the spot. No way I could park in the center of the lot. Is it legal to park on the road just west of the boat lot (between the new park and the regular parking).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wonder when this is planned for? With big lagoon closed for construction where will boats go? I think they are estimating 9 months on big lagoon but the contractor has a year. Sure hope the boat ramp goes quicker than the disaster of construction of the park next to it that has been ongoing for awhile. And to think they are wanting to make Perdido Key drive a county road. Sure hope no hurricanes come this way or we really be “Lost Key”

1 - 15 of 15 Posts