Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife wasn't feeling good today so I took my daughters trolling for a couple of hours this afternoon. We were dragging stretch 25's near Pickens. Around 4:00 my 15 year old step daughter finallygot a true understanding of what I mean when I say the reel is singing. It sounded off and the fight was on... We got the bull right next to the boat and as I was pulling him out of the water the line popped. The girls got to see the bigbull redso it wasn't a real loss. He did keep my brand new stretch 25 so if any of you guys catch him I want it back. JK... Went ahead and pulled an old stretch out and got the lines back in the water. About ten minutes later the singing started again. This time I wasn't getting him to turn. Finally he started coming my way and he gave up about 30 yards away... I freaked when I noticed it was not a red but a gag grouper instead. I did take any chances getting him in the boat. Over all it was a great day. I cooked dinner tonight and the wife is feeling great....

·
Registered
439 Posts
A day on the water is better then a day of hunny do's... You're daughter must have had a blast. Congrats to you and her.

Bill

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Always a great day when you take your kids fishing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts