Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Geaux Tigers!
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email back from Shimano rep. and though I love my current Spheros reels and was planning on buying a new Saragosa they will no longer be making manual kits for ANY saltwater reels they said. So later this year if anyone has any Saragosa's from the past couple years I will be looking to buy a couple and stock up on manual kits.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
When is this starting?

I didn't even know they made a bail less kit for the gosa.

·
Geaux Tigers!
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new models that come out this year wont fit the old bail kits and they wont be making new ones. The ones from the last 7-8 years accept the current available kits.

There are 2 sizes the SWBAILKIT is for the 14000-18000 sizes and SWBAILKIT58 fits all 5-8000 sizes Spheros and Gosas. If you have a 10000 you will need both kits and parts from each. They are sold directly from Shimano but they charge more. You can find them online on several sites. If you ever want to check one out come see me at navarre pier Ill show you my 8000 and 18000.
Check them out here if you want:
http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-SWBAILTKIT-Bail-Less-Kit/dp/B005H3NPDO

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I may do that. Thanks!

Figures, since all I have is 10,000's.

I wonder if the Spehros SW will drop the prices of the old Spheros?

·
Geaux Tigers!
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw them on sale somewhere already for like $40 cheaper, if I had the cash i would be buying any size I could find.

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
I got a great deal on a Saragosa 18K form Chris at Sams. Not sure if they have any of the smaller ones but me and another guy got the last two 18Ks they had as displays.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,028 Posts
Kim, be careful with the 18k's when you start tightening down the drag. It'll move you to the edge of the boat fast if you know what I mean.

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Not to derail OP, but I already put in the Smooth Drag washers and I got it for my loaner, I'm sure my buds would rather pay for that than a Stella if they let it go over the side. It's not a bad reel and I had never taken a big tuna on one until I fished with someone who used them. Not as smooth a drag as a Stella but then only a VS is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts